Help with wheel choice 15" or 17"

-
I tend to buy 15" to 16" wheels with tall side walls. My kids get the bigger size wheels with the three to four inch sidewall tires. My son curbed his car last month. He had to replace two very high priced magnesium wheels and two high priced tires. If he had the taller side wall tires his wheels would have been ok.
If a daily driver I would go with taller side wall tires. A low use car go the low sidewalls.

i find the ride of a 15 inch tire with tall sidewalls alot smoother and better for me as where bigger wheels with less of a side wall tends to ride rough and i personally find that thhere is a big traction difrence.......

i rather 15 in as far as ride traction and looks
just my opinion if you want big wheels get a honda !!

you will find 15 inch wheels with the right tire size combanation will fill the fender wells nicely almost like if was NATURAL lol

but when it all comes down to it its your ride it all depends on what floats your boat.....

and guys dont start a argument about witch tire has more of a good ride and traction i have mentioned this is only my opinion and i am sold on it ......

All of this talk about tires made me go out to the farm this morning and test fit the new tires I got for Christmas!!!

Tires012Medium.jpg

They're P325/50R15's by the way!!!

All of this talk about tires made me go out to the farm this morning and test fit the new tires I got for Christmas!!!

Tires012Medium.jpg

They're P325/50R15's by the way!!!

Looks great! any more pics?

I like 15's and 17's. Nothing bigger. 18's MAYBE....But far acar that is purpose built for handling then 17s would be my choice. I love to drive all my cars, and I have 17's on my cuda and my dart. I get a free lifetime supply of 245/45/17's. So i dont have to ever worry about tires. :)

I am trying to figure out which direction to go on my GTS. I have a nice set of SBP ralleys on it but I am thinking about 17 coys for the car bc it is set up to handle and i have great windy roads around here to drive.

You have to decide for yourself what look you are trying to achieve. I don't think there is a right or wrong answer to your question. It's personal taste just like anything else! I ended up with the larger wheels for my Demon and think it made a drastic improvement. JMO :bootysha:

Here it is before w/ 14" Ralleys
View attachment Wheels 002.jpg

And how it looks now w/ 18" wheels

Attachments

• 11-8-10 Almost Done 028 (Small).jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 154
Here's a picture of the ET Classic V wheels on my 69 notch. They are 15" SBP with 215/65 on the front and 255/60 on the rear.

Attachments

• DSCN5871.jpg
    130.1 KB · Views: 199
That's a late model Mustang tire... ???? Sweet deal !

Yes steve, they are mustang take offs....my buddy who works at the ford dealership has been getting me tires for years....at no cost. :) truck and passenger car tires too. :)

You have to decide for yourself what look you are trying to achieve. I don't think there is a right or wrong answer to your question. It's personal taste just like anything else! I ended up with the larger wheels for my Demon and think it made a drastic improvement. JMO :bootysha:

Here it is before w/ 14" Ralleys
View attachment 201343

And how it looks now w/ 18" wheels

I love the after look!!! pure awesome!!!

Here's a picture of the ET Classic V wheels on my 69 notch. They are 15" SBP with 215/65 on the front and 255/60 on the rear.

This looks great as well!!

So, like I was saying, 15's and 17's both look great!

-
Back