Help!!!!!

-

73pduster

Reaction score
I have a 73 Duster with a 360. When I first built this car 2 years ago I had terrible problems with the fuel system. I was running an 1806 Edlebrock carb, Carter mechanical pump regulated to 5.5 psi, acid dipped tank, new sending unit, new 3/8 fuel line, everything new. At idle I could watch the filter dry out, psi drop to 3 then come back up and the filter would fill back up. It would do this off and on along with cutting out at WOT. I pulled apart the pump and found some plastic stuck in one valve, removed it fixed problem until today, the exact same thing is happening with the exact same setup. I already pulled and checked the pump and all connections for leaks, I also removed the gas cap with no change, and I checked my N/S for fun. So, in closing, sorry for the long post but I am completely out of ideas. If anyone knows or has an idea please feel free. Thanks in advance.

I don't know what a "N/S" is, but how about inside the carb. It sounds a bit like a float getting messed with.

Needle and seat. I checked the float adjustment while I was in there as well.

I would think a pressure drop like that would indicate a leak or a bad pump.

I'd replace the pump and the fuel filter.

Gauge next to carb? If so, problem from tank, forward. Replace all rubber lines. check connections, sock. 3 psi sounds like leak from the back.

Ya the gauge is on my pressure regulator right before the carb. I found my tank is wet with fuel like it is seeping from somewhere. My line connecting to my sending unit had what looked like rusty liquid dripping from it, so I replaced it and the clamp, everything is tight under there now. I cleaned up the fuel on the tank so I will be able to tell if that was the issue or if it is the sending unit gasket, which was brand new when I put it on there. Thanks for the help.

-
Back