Hemi Cuda takes care of Buick GS in modern drag race.

-
I have seen the F.A.S.T. drags on video. WOW! The top cars in that series, Factory Appearing Stock Tire, which allow some internal engine mods, but must sound pretty close to stock, not allowed any traction devices, must run full exhaust with factory exhaust manifolds etc. These cars look BONE STOCK, even down to the stock size available bias ply 6-7" wide tires, & a couple are down in the high 9s! One is a 69 Hemi Road Runner. These cars are amazing to watch! Enough said. Check it out on the web, it's cool to watch.

I was a Lebanon Valley In New York a few Sundays ago and while there, watched the FAST cars run.
Hemi Road runner auto 11 secs. Redline skinny tires.
I’m not sure where they got their 13 seconds but the FAST cars are no joke.

I was a Lebanon Valley In New York a few Sundays ago and while there, watched the FAST cars run.
Hemi Road runner auto 11 secs. Redline skinny tires.
I’m not sure where they got their 13 seconds but the FAST cars are no joke.

They are only “stock appearing”, and they are exceedingly expensive to build and very tricky to drive (the really quick ones anyway).
You won’t see them do anywhere near that on any surface but a prepped track.

Still pretty impressive on skinny bias ply tires. Dave Dudek ran high 9s with his Road Runner & another guy (can't remember his name) ran 9.80s with his 71 Mustang Fastback, I think it was 429 car. Still, awesome to watch.

Had the Buick not bumped the compression the allowed amount, it wouldn't have been worth the Hemi car's time. It almost wasn't as it was.

-
Back