hemi dart hood scoop

-

69 Valiant Kid

Reaction score
hey dudes, being that i have an air gap intake and holley carb, my 69 valiant hood wont close. so my question is, mas racing makes a hemi dart hood scoop...anyone have anything from them and whats the quality like. any other places i can pick up a hemi dart/cuda scoop? thanks for the help gentleman.

Pinks008Small.jpg

Home made.. needed 6" to clear the dominator

If you dont want to graft the scoop into the hood or if you dont want to have it bolted from the outside, try and find ones with inside flanges...in my opinion if you going to bolt it on it looks alot cleaner that way...my dad got a custom 5 inch hemi scoop for his dart made here in Canada and he got it with the inside flanges....it really looks alot better unless you plan on making it on with the hood and using filler and such

something does'nt sound right. my 67 valiant had a 340 with airgap and a holley, no spacer, and with a low pro air cleaner and my hood closed fine. one possible difference is the solid mounts i'm using. not sure if they measure out the same as stock mounts. i had a hemi dart scoop on mine and i hated it. if i HAD to use a scoop for clearance i think the valiant would look better with the 64 superstock scoop, the contours are pretty close to matching the hood on 67-68 vals with the weird depression down the middle. imho

2008_68ValiantRaffleCar2.jpg
Here's the scoop we used on our '68 Valiant club charity raffle project car. Looks really nice on the Valiant.

2008_68ValiantRaffleCar2.jpg

Thats a beautiful car!
Thanks! We're building a '70 Dart with a Paxton-supercharged 360 for our 2009 charity raffle project car. Check out our club website, www.inlandmoparscarclub.com for progress pics and pics of the 2007 and 2008 charity raffle project cars. All proceeds benefit California School For The Deaf in Riverside, CA.
Raffle tickets are currently available at $5 each. PM me if you're interested and I'll get purchasing info back to you. The winning ticket for the 2009 charity raffle car will be drawn in October 2009.

i use the mas 6 pac scoop on my 64 dart.........its good,and the price is right........i got the bolt on ,gave me lots of trimming room................good luck............ps view my public profile to see a picture of the car

http://www.glasstek.com/ has them. its listed as 68 dart/cuda hemi scoop. not bad price and if you want to go with a full glass hood too its $200 more (ontop of the price of the hood and scoop) if you want them to put a scoop on it.

anybody know a place i can one of these and not have to shell out 2 or 3 hundred dollars for it?

68 HEMI GTS - Can you show pics of how the two studs at the scoop opening attach at top? Do they go thru or do the epoxy underneath?

Hey 69 V. I'm working on a 1969 Valiant too, I will be making a HEMI hood scoop out of metal, yes, a metal hemi hood scoop!!! If all falls into plan I will have some for sale, cheap!!!.

-
Back