Hemi engine swap..is it worth it

-
Well finally got good news on the 5.7 Hemi today. Block is good for a build woo hoo. Been thinking pretty hard on it and I think I'm going to build a stroker to a 392ish depending on final bore size. I'm looking at the Scat forged assembly it says 10 to 1 compression which should be good for my build. Going with a comp stage 2 cam and Hemi 6 with a carburetor obviously. I would think I should hit 500 crank HP easily. Has anyone here used Scats kit and also will the Hemi 6 work on a stroker. I tried calling Holleys tech line but was on hold for 20 minutes and got nowhere.

Well finally got good news on the 5.7 Hemi today. Block is good for a build woo hoo. Been thinking pretty hard on it and I think I'm going to build a stroker to a 392ish depending on final bore size. I'm looking at the Scat forged assembly it says 10 to 1 compression which should be good for my build. Going with a comp stage 2 cam and Hemi 6 with a carburetor obviously. I would think I should hit 500 crank HP easily. Has anyone here used Scats kit and also will the Hemi 6 work on a stroker. I tried calling Holleys tech line but was on hold for 20 minutes and got nowhere.
I run the Hemi 6 on my 426 stroker. All good. I'd have to look up that cam, but, you should very easily clear 500. I've used the SCAT stuff in LA small block stuff with success. It's good stuff.

924CE9FA-8C0D-49DD-A7D2-D2627E8DBF00.jpeg
Here’s what I did with my column. I went Alterkation rack and pinion and I got a good deal on a flaming river tilt column. I used the original housing, column drop and floor plate and slid the flaming river column right inside the housing. Just FIY. In the pic you can see how close the original would sit to the valve cover.

I run the Hemi 6 on my 426 stroker. All good. I'd have to look up that cam, but, you should very easily clear 500. I've used the SCAT stuff in LA small block stuff with success. It's good stuff.

Yes I used scat on a LA and rb build no issues. Was just curious on the new hemis so good to hear. So the Hemi 6 will work fine on my stroker just need the 32 tooth wheel .

Any of you guys that have commented on my post running a msd hemi 6 control box . If so what cam, intake and carb and you using. Are you happy with results and has tuning been hard or easy. Thanks
I'm running a Hemi6 controller on a 2005 5.7 Hemi out of a Ram truck. I have a Mopar Performance crate motor intake with an Edelbrock 750 carb, and I swapped in a 6.1 cam before I put the engine in my 70 Cuda. I'm very happy with the setup, it runs great and is trouble free. I haven't done any tuning on the timing curve, I'm running what was programmed in the Hemi6 from the factory.

I'm running a Hemi6 controller on a 2005 5.7 Hemi out of a Ram truck. I have a Mopar Performance crate motor intake with an Edelbrock 750 carb, and I swapped in a 6.1 cam before I put the engine in my 70 Cuda. I'm very happy with the setup, it runs great and is trouble free. I haven't done any tuning on the timing curve, I'm running what was programmed in the Hemi6 from the factory.

Awesome that's what I like to hear. The 5.7 stroker with eagle heads and a comp stage 3 cam along with a prefix intake should scoot in the dart

-
Back