Hemi Head Slant six?

-
I also found this....

The 265 engine specs were Bore 3.91” (same as bore as the 318 but uses pistons with a higher gudgeon pin position), Stroke 3.68” Valves were 1.96”in 1.6” ex. It has 7 main bearing so bottom end is extremely durable, base model rods are stronger that Chevy pink rods, and high performance engines had even stronger rods again. Oil pump internal are the same as the 318 and slant but has a different housing and shaft.

in automotive form the 265 Hemi was produced in the following configurations:

203BHP @ 4800rpm & 262ft/lb @ 2000rpm (9.5:1 comp, 256deg cam, 2bbl carter, single outlet headers) (16.7sec ¼) 3 speed auto
218BHP @ 4800rpm & 273ft/lb @ 3000rpm (9.5:1 comp, 256deg cam, 2bbl carter, dual outlet headers) (15.7 sec ¼) 3 Speed auto
248BHP @ 4800rpm & 306ft/lb @ 3400rpm (9.7:1 Comp, 256deg cam, Triple Webbers, extractors into single exhaust) (15.0sec ¼) 3 Speed manual
270BHP @ 5000rpm & 310ft/lb @3700rpm (10.0:1 comp, 272deg Cam, Triple Webbers, Extractors into Dual 2” exhaust) (14.8sec ¼) 3 Speed manual
302BHP @ 5500rpm & 320ft/lb @4300rpm (10.5:1 comp, 308 deg cam, Triple Webbers, Extractors into Dual 2” exhaust) (0-60mph 6.1sec, 0-100mph in 14.1sec, 14.4sec ¼, shifting at 6500rpm - would also rev cleanly in top gear to 6500rpm @ 132mph) 4 Speed Manual
(1/4 times were in an A Body Australian Charger ~3100lb)

Like most Chrysler engines from the 50’s to the 70’s these were over engineered and were extremely durable – you would rarely see one broken down on the side of the road, even when not maintained for many years they would get rattly in the timing chain and lifters but just keep going and going, in the 70’s and 80’s it was common to see these hit 1,000,000+ miles in taxis on LPG. In 245cui form They were also used in 2 ton dodge pickups.

link: http://www.marineengine.com/boat-fo...lian-265-Hemi-inline-6-cyl-engine-information

Dayum....I just got more jealous.

Dude,
"Actually, the early Hemis are the only true Hemi engines that Chrysler has made thus far. Even the 2nd genreation 426 is not a true Hemi, but the early Hemis are. All it takes is a little reading. "

That is correct information, and was made available back in 1964 when the 426 Race Hemi was first introduced.

Frankie, thanks for the pic. Also liked all the other info...
You're very welcome.

Now, look at my post #16.
"Please, Show me more..." and," So, educate me."
I'm not past admitting when I'm wrong.
You'll also notice what I said about motorcycle engines, "Most 4stroke motorcycle engines from the time they went to overhead valve until they went to 4valve designs are true hemi designs." Notice that I said "until they went to 4valve designs"... With good reason, at that point they went to more of a "pent-roof" design, the intakes are parralel, as are the exhaust. Honda is the only one I recall to actually build a 4valve hemi, on their dirtbikes in the 80s...RFVC, RadialFourValveChamber, none of the valves were in the same orientation.

So listen guys, ya wanna break my stones, whatever. My skin is thick.
We're all entitled to our own opinions ( and you know what they say about opinions).

Tomayto, Tomahto...

Have fun!
Tom

Everyone IS, indeed , entitled to an opinion, and whether you're right or wrong really doesn't matter, either.
However,
the existence of the Aussie in line sic Hemi, is not an "opinion", it's a "fact".
It existed, and Chrysler Corp produced it, and called it a "Hemi", which is a name that CC had a copyright on. So, the answer is, in fact there certainly was an Aussie, inline 6 cylinder Hemi. Chrysler build them, in a number of sized, for the right hand drive cars on Australia and New Zealand, because the slant 6 would not work in right hand drive cars, because the brake master cylinder and the steering column were in the way.

They existed. That's a fact, not an opinion.

Regards,
Frankie

So listen guys, ya wanna break my stones............

Not really tryin to break your stones, Tom, just trying to line you up with the facts. Nice to meet you too, btw. I'm Rob

I'm gonna be down your way next week...
2days of schooling in Newnan, then driving further south to visit some friends for a few days. Will be driving down 75 from Forsyth to Tifton thursday afternoon/evening if you guys wanna grab a bite or beer...
Just thought I'd put that out there.
PM if interested

Just saw this. Sorry to disappoint Frankie but the slant 6 was used in RHD in South Africa in their version of the Valiant Charger which is a Duster with a Demon grill. Plus all Valiants including the 'Cuda pre-70.

Here is an Aussie Valiant from 1969 ( the last one to be fitted with a 225 ), model designation of 'VF'. It is the optional 160HP version.
As you can see, it has a remote brake booster, which only works on the front disc brakes, and the master cylinder is a tandem unit as per factory fitment.

Attachments

• IMGP0426.jpg
    121.1 KB · Views: 341
  • IMGP0422.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 349
  • IMGP0424.jpg
    124.5 KB · Views: 346
  • IMGP0425.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 332
Not to get to off track, but Pans and Shovels were true Hemi combustion chamber heads......and i think (IIRC) so were Knuckles and Iron-heads. Ever notice how an old bike runs and or sounds? The new crap just don't got it! Yes , I am completely off topic, but bikes were brought up and HD was not brought up.

-
Back