Hemi Swap 2014 5.7 VVT

New Hemi Engine Swaps

1. CichliDart

CichliDart Well, where is it now?

Local Time:
    2:20 AM
    Sounds like I should start shopping for a remote filter as well as some biscuit engine mounts. Have to find my spool mounts and put them up for sale. Parts for these things are expensive.

Mike

2. CichliDart

Local Time:
    This is the remote oil filter adapter RockAuto lists with the 2014 5.7 engine. More Information for HAYDEN 291 Any other suggestions?

3. penski61

penski61 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    before you start installing the wiring kit you may want to double check it will work with truck engine . from what ive read the trucks have different calibrations and programming , possibly even a different tone ring on the crank than the crate and car engines the kit was intended for . I could be wrong but it would suck to get it all put in and cant get the engine running right

4. CichliDart

Local Time:
    Thank you Penski61,

That is something I have concerns about. The manual that came with it mentions it can work with 2014 Challenger engines. So my thoughts so far has been to find the differences between truck and car engine and change it over to car specs. AT the moment I was looking at changing over to car engine accessories and timing covers. The 6.1 intake or the edelbrock intake is preferred over the truck intake, well for me it is anyway.

I am also looking at removing the MDS system and getting roller lifters from something like the hellcat engine as they are supposed to be pretty sturdy.

If you have any suggestions on this or anything else please let me know.

Mike

5. penski61

Local Time:
    honestly if it were me id sell the truck motor to get a car motor or sell the wiring kit to get the hotwire computer or efi source computer that you know will work with truck engine , would make everything a lot simpler in the process

6. CichliDart

Local Time:
    Thanks Penski61,

It all comes down to money right now. Had I not stumbled on to the crate wiring harness I was going to mothball it and put an old 340 in it until things became more affordable. I need to balance the cost of conversion vs another engine.

Mike

7. CichliDart

Local Time:
    Well Penski61,
    You hit the nail square on the head. With this kit it will not work with the truck engine. So I am on the hunt for an engine. Don't really have the budget for it now so I may just put this on hold and use the 2 bbl slant for the moment. Or put the old 340 in it to prepare for the hopeful Hemi swap.

8. penski61

Local Time:
    you could always keep the engine and sell the mopar crate kit , then buy hotwire kit or efi source . i know last month the mopar crate kits were on back order and people were looking for them , not sure if they are still on backorder or not though

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Ronald C.

Ronald C. FABO Gold Member FABO Gold Member

Local Time:
      4:20 AM
      Might be interested in the kit if you let go of it. Starting my swap shortly and just picked a 5.7 car Hemi so will be looking for a kit before long....

1. This site uses cookies to help personalize content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
      By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.