Hemi Under Glass rolls with Jay Leno

-
Hemi under Glass is not "just" an exhibition car, it is living history.
If you'd ever seen it in person , you would understand.

I just don't know. Seems like something that valuable would have been well thought out. On the other hand, it IS a wheelie car. Maybe there was a wall straight ahead "out of the shot" that we could not see.

I REALLY hafta say I've never been all that excited by such "exhibition" cars including jets and karts

The real story is that Jay contacted Bob about fulfilling one of his bucket list item.s, taking a ride in the HUG. Bob trailered over to Irwindale and was figuring they were going to use the dragstrip, but was told they would use the infield of the circle track. He was concerned but decided he would shut it down early. He went too far and started up the embankment and the rear slick rolled under and rolled the car. Second time in 50 years of running that he wrecked a car, it was definitely NOT staged! The car was the latest edition of the dozens of HUGs that were built, and it had several innovations that Bob always wanted to do. The car will now have another body that Bob bought at MATS this year.

Hemi Under Glass Does A Shake, Rattle, And Roll With Jay Leno

That car should never have been steered into a turn at speed.
The engine is raised and two fat old men in it.
The CG is too high to corner.

How many people on this board would like to have a good body like they just trashed for fun. But can't afford it.
And what does Riggle say after the wreck?
"It's going to be a new body"
I hope they got their jollies.

Apologies for the what may be perceived as a bad attitude.
It just strikes me wrong.

-
Back