Hemi Under Glass rolls with Jay Leno

-
Bummer, i guess jay wont be interested in buying it now.....

If it was a replica then the whole thing was probably staged.

I hate seeing old cars Ruined like that but man that would of been so much Fuc#ing fun!

If it was a replica then the whole thing was probably staged.
From what I've seen on other places, it wasn't staged. The car was scheduled to be at an event at a nearby track the next day, where the track was paying him to show up. 5 figures to make a couple passes..... doubt you stage a wreck when u have a big payday coming. Also, this isn't the first time the driver had wrecked this cuda, apparently this was the 3rd time.

Met Mr Riggle several months ago at his place. Class act. Hopefully he heals up because at 80 tumbles like that are hard on the ole bod. Thank god Jay didn't loose his arm flaying around in that car.

Met Mr Riggle several months ago at his place. Class act. Hopefully he heals up because at 80 tumbles like that are hard on the ole bod. Thank god Jay didn't loose his arm flaying around in that car.

Yeah watching that video the first thing I thought when they got in the car was "Jay! Keep your hands in the car!"

Why put a point-n-squirt car on a circle track? I see no anti sway bars...

"What using for brain? Tofu?"

I've made bad decisions but nothing quite so dramatically unwise.
Isn't there a strip at Irwindale?
I've heard the 1960s radio screamer commercials.
Did they take out the quarter mile strip, and that's where they had to shoot this?

My uncle and aunt used to live at the finishing end of US 30 dragstrip in Ainsworth, Indiana.
They were in a house across the street.
The neighbors on the other side, with the end of the strip in their backyard had cars in their backyard a number of times before an embankment was built, and I always wondered if that puta stop to it, but then US 30 closed. I can still remember hearing the dragstrip about 4 miles away many nights when I had the windows open in my bedroom, while I was studying.
Someday I will upload an audio clip of that.

Why pull wheelies x feet next to a barrier? And watch out for that dip (!) in the "track"...

The second he touched down the brakes were locked. Is that how it was normally done? If he had coasted over that dip then hit the brakes he should have been ok.

Bad planning by the production and/or safety crew?

Driver certainly has the experience to avoid that mishap if conditions are checked before hand.

I just don't know. Seems like something that valuable would have been well thought out. On the other hand, it IS a wheelie car. Maybe there was a wall straight ahead "out of the shot" that we could not see.

I REALLY hafta say I've never been all that excited by such "exhibition" cars including jets and karts

-
Back