here is my new slant six 64 dart GT

-

MiDi

Reaction score
well i'm very active on the slantsix.org forum, bunch of good people over there but this forum keeps on sending me the: MIDi we miss you e-mail so here is my new car, THOR & Eric w. from the other forum helped out with the engine swap and i was also working for a shop in seattle, wa so i used the shop to build this, right now i am making new brake lines and adding pwr brakes. most of the brake parts came from my 73 dart. i added a NOS power dual pot master.

P1010991.jpg

P1010994.jpg

P1010990.jpg

the car in the snow:

P1010203.jpg

the car with street tires and stock caps:

mewith64gt-1.jpg

Videos:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdoSyDEGZ9I

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHKT8R6nGDo

more about my car www.datapunx.org

sweet car! I like the valve cover logo. That one pic with it in the snow tricked my eyes. It looks like a custon two-tone with white on top and yellow below.

my 73 dart was totaled by some a hole so i put everything into this car, i'm almost done 4 months later. but hey thanks every one. its a quick 2 bbl slant six and she is my baby! i also have a sl6 np435 trans in a 78 d-150 i am trying to restore also. anyways here is some specs on my baby. btw the front seats have been recovered but the carpet and back seat are orginal and MINT. the dash pad i had custom made in yellow.

http://www.datapunx.org/MiDi's Dodge Dart.htm

and btw the valve cover decal is avil from autozone, it survived 1 carb fire .. damn carter bbd's every one i have had is junk! thank god i have a holley 2300 350cfm on it now! that motor was swaped out my 73 twice and put into my 64. i have a picture arcive of that swap here: http://www.datapunx.org/Install 2.zip 243mb picture pack. but anyways that 5 dollar decal has held up! but i wash the car and motor every week. i'm kinda a mopar nut!

here are some shots i took of "Marilyn" today:

P1020043.jpg

P1020044.jpg

P1020045.jpg

P1020046.jpg

P1020051.jpg

Awesome, very sweet looking Dart.
Would love to own that one.

Outstanding :cheers: That is very nice MiDi=P~=P~
Thank you for sharing your great car and /6 with us.:happy10:

Nice car,I just swapped brakes from a 73 swinger(disc.)and toof out the 7 1/4 replaced with 72 Demon 8 3/4 with Moser bbp axels.I have the clifford 4bbl intake with a new holley,headders and new dual exhaust.Looking for a new windshield.Her name is Clareese!(Silence of the lambs)

trim 027.jpg

trim 029.jpg

trim 026.jpg

trim 018.jpg

huge thanks to everyone for the wonderfull replys!

pbd, that is a tight disc conversion! i'm running the brakes from my 73 dart all drum but an improvement from the 64 brakes that where on the car. the pwr master really cuts down my stopping distance, i do want to do a disc break conv. my self but that is gonna be a long while off. also nice rear end replacement! i'm running the smaller rear but with 293 gears and a sure grip.

dizzydean, the EI swap was easy since the motor came from my 73 dart. i'm running a msd coil and msd dizzy and i have noticed some diff compared to the 73 stock EI setup. the dist / dizzy is actually for a super six truck and does very well with my rebuilt engine. i'm running the clifford rocker,over sized valves,comp cam,clevite & sealed pwr bearings, i had the head cut 100 and valve and cam work done. it's pretty damn quick for a slant 6. i am also about to jet down from #62's to #60's i'm running a bit rich.

i bought this car from the orginal owner with 52K miles on it, it was garaged for most of its life so it was very easy to work with. i'm about to stick a moog front end kit in it and add a sway bar from frim feel. i already have a ffi 20.1 manual steering box i really like there stuff and there great guys to work with. monday i am sticking the dart on a dolly and towing it down to my fav local shop for all new stainless steel brake lines. i'll be towing it with my 78 d-150 slant six truck.

thanks again for all the replys!

MiDi

MiDi, I will be talking to you and pettybludart soon.
Keep up the good work and us updated.:cheers:

So pettybludart has one heck of a sweet slant going :-k I hope yall kept notes on your build =P~

Clareese :blob::thumleft::thumleft: I like it pettybludart

Cool car MiDi. Did you buy that car just last year? I saw a yellow one on Craigslist a few months back for a really decent price. I was tempted but I have too many as it is.

yeah it was on seattle craigslist. but the car was in silverdale, i bought it from the orginal owner it had handicaped plates on it when i got it! i was working @ west coast auto in edmonds at the time, my family owns that shop and i work there quite a bit even tho i live in portland. i took my insurance check from my wrecked 73 and bought the 64gt. i always wanted a 64. so i checked it out and i had to have her. the only thing is orginal is the body really, i'm running v-8 torsion bars and almost everything from my 73 went in it. including that tight motor. what i couldn't swap i bought and 50% is nos parts the other is performance parts. i had a lot of help from my brother and 5guys from the sl6.org forum pictched in and with in 3 days we had the new motor in and almost all the parts instaled. i had more head work done and added a better cam, oh and had that awesome holley 2bbl 2300 built.

i have decided against the long runner or the 4bbl intake since this is a my everyday driver, i do race it but. i like to turn the key and drive off with no warm up times or constant tuning. also its a slant six not a small block v8 so the 350cfm is plenty to get this car going. i am getting ready to stick a 500cfm on my sl6 truck. i wonder how that's gonna work out.

i have also ran out of room in my engine bay, other than the moog front end and some day disc breaks. i'm going with a cold air intake and when i can afford them dutra duals. i already have a dutra oil pump and on start i have 45 to 50 psi. good stuff!

-
Back