here we go again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lmao

-

340plot

the bushy bush
Reaction score
ok, so, i was to be picking up my fm3 duster tonight, so i figured i would get ready last night, and go to sleep early, so i could get some rest!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. clicked off here last night, and decided to check out craigslist.......F*&^(&*, why did i do that? stupid me! and all the way down south of greenville s.c !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
any way, i live in va, and decided to look under a area quite a ways from me. i spotted a 99 dakota r/t for dirt cheap money.
140k on the clock, brand new nitto 275/55/17 tires and rims. cost the guy 1594.00 for the set put on the truck. not two months ago!.
was listed for 2,000.00 he said if i could get it "tonight", i could have ot for 1,600.00 !. shoot, one way is 258 miles, and like 4.25 hours. by this time, it is 10:15 pm , and i had to make a choice.................. look at wife, she smurks at me, and i proceed to tell her to get the kids loaded, while i prep the truck.
man, i did not get to the guys house till 3:30 in the morning!. what a drive. and i had been up all day. well, needless to say, my daughter had to be in school today, so, i had to drive both ways, through this morning with no sleep. my inline 6 jeep g.c pulled that heavy r/t home up I-85 and I-77 at 80 mph !. i got 10.6 mpg all the way home, and made it bake by 8:30 this morning. now, i am just getting ready to fetch my fm3 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

here is some pics. the truck does need some work. it runs and shifts/drives great, but the rear is humming. so, i need to find someone to do the work, as i am not into rebuilding rears! other that the rear, the only other problem is the damn clear-coat failure. i am going to have to strip the entire truck down to reshoot it.:(

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 406
  • 002.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 402
  • 003.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 414
  • 004.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 401
  • 005.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 404
  • 006.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 402
  • 007.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 402
  • 008.JPG
    128.8 KB · Views: 405
  • 009.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 396
Lol. I do know that i will be using this truck now to pull my trailer. Also, i am going to look into hopping it up to about 375 ponies!

Me Like 340plot :blob: A good deal indeed sir :cheers: Congratulations :hello2:

nah, i am not a fan of NOS! lol

well, will cost 500 in just labor plus parts to fix rear that is in it, but found another one out of junk yard for 400.00 and only 60 miles from me!. you know which way i am going.

thanks memike!
you always have words of encouragement for everyone, no matter what the situation! you show such awesome charactor!.

Next time you're in this neighborhood, stop by :)

cool trucks, i bought a new 2000 ( SY was supposed to be a one year only color ) Solar Yellow R/T. Mopar ECU, fresh air and nice exhaust will get you decent mileage out of it even with the 3.92's. you got a DEAL !
8e2f.jpg

2e40.jpg

8560.jpg

Well truck is nice but your wife has to get my vote for wife of the year you go tell her you love her and maybe do something for her now like day at the spa nails or hair done.I'm just saying i think you have a keeper.....

nah, i am not a fan of NOS! lol

well, will cost 500 in just labor plus parts to fix rear that is in it, but found another one out of junk yard for 400.00 and only 60 miles from me!. you know which way i am going.

thanks memike!
you always have words of encouragement for everyone, no matter what the situation! you show such awesome charactor!.

I would make sure it isn't just low on oil before I rebuilt it.
I would not go the junk yard route because the junk yard one is probably just as old as what you have in there.

Nice truck by the way.

yea, i already laid alot of rubber off those 275 tires!. the wife is into this as much as me. if not, she would be in trouble, and i would be in the dog house!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nice R/T! I am a proud owner of a 2000 Bright White R/T myself. Just cracked 100k this week.

When you re-shoot the paint, be sure to ditch the dumbo ear side mirrors! :D Beautiful trucks but I think Dodge dropped the ball on that one.

FWIW, my Dak's rear has always had a little bit of a whine to it. Pretty religious about fluid changes and there never seems to be any damage or shavings when I'm in there.

well, like 4 years ago, i found a awesome blue one, but the used car lot wanted 10k for it..................... can you imagine all the crap i can do to this one for under 10?????????????? lol

-
Back