Here we go again, WHAT SPARK PLUGS

-
i went with ngk 4 they lit this thing up compared to the ignorant accel's i had.

believe it or not after busting my chops wild&crazy has helped me through my fuel/ idle problem from hell. Not even the local race shops could help me....thx crazyguy

This thread is dead, for she has already chosen her plugs.
And we are working on tuning the transition circuit on her carburetor.

is that the same as more timing? LOL

This thread is dead, for she has already chosen her plugs.
And we are working on tuning the transition circuit on her carburetor.

You can't answer me.

BTW Earlier spark burns faster, Hotter spark burns faster, multiple sparks will burn faster and then again not really....at the same time thats relative to crank degrees.

oxygenated fuel burns faster

faster spark....LOL

is that the same as more timing? LOL

earlier plugs=equal non resistor
hotter plugs= bad choice causes pre-ignition detonation not worth the pain in a street car
multiple spark dont spark any faster the multiple sparks are there for a reason so the combustion chamber will fire without a miss at higher rpms.
more timing faster spark? lmbo

you miss the point we are talking resistor plug versus non resistor and then you keep trying to ditch the facts with coming up with other crap as i try and teach you what resistance is and why a non resistor plug fires faster but obviously its over your head

we are talking faster spark coming out the end of a plug thats not slowed down by resistance (resistor plug)

I was under the impression that a resistor actually increases the speed of electron transfer as the same amount current must pass through the restriction as the non-restricted entry and exit connection?

Grant

I was under the impression that a resistor actually increases the speed of electron transfer as the same amount current must pass through the restriction as the non-restricted entry and exit connection?

Grant

Amperage, or current, is a measure of the amount of electrons moving in a circuit.
Voltage is a measure of how much force those electrons are under

say a resistor plug has 30k volts going to it the resistor is 5k ohms it will cause amperage to go down 6amps limiting the electrical current to the other side of the resistor plug

points systems run on that voltage which is weak compared to todays 45-50+ thousand volt coils.
Which is why a points setup can benifit from that lil increase in 'energy'

But after a point it's doing nothing, but fooling you with wasted 'energy/heat'
You will not and can not make the mix 'by spark plug choice or current' more explosive/burn any faster than it's combustability
If you want faster, it's a spark timing thing and only in relation to crank degrees.

AGAIN, IF YOU FIND TONS OF POWER DUE TO A NON RESISTOR PLUG, SOMETHING ELSE IS WRONG. MAYBE ADVANCE YOUR TIMING!

BTW again.....SHOW ME THE DYNO SHEET PROVING THERE IS MORE HP/TORQUE USING NON RESISTOR PLUG IN A MODERN CDI SETUP.

I wonder why msd doesn't make 0 resistance wires for their system......and why they tell you to NOT use non resistor plugs with their system......
gee , could it be that it's all matched?

There are resistors n yer TV set as well, wanna remove them too?

earlier plugs=equal non resistor
hotter plugs= bad choice causes pre-ignition detonation not worth the pain in a street car
multiple spark dont spark any faster the multiple sparks are there for a reason so the combustion chamber will fire without a miss at higher rpms.
more timing faster spark? lmbo

you miss the point we are talking resistor plug versus non resistor and then you keep trying to ditch the facts with coming up with other crap as i try and teach you what resistance is and why a non resistor plug fires faster but obviously its over your head

we are talking faster spark coming out the end of a plug thats not slowed down by resistance (resistor plug)

WHAT??
In a street car hotter plugs get the nod, it's as you seriously go up in power increase=less streetable-colder plugs get used.

wft r u talking about??

MULTIPLE SPARK IS OVER AFTER 3000K GENIUS.
IT BECOMES A SINGLE SPARK WITH MORE ENERGY, HENCE NOT HAVING TO USE A NON RESISTOR FOR THAT LIL EXTRA SHITTLE OF HEAT.

NOW THAT YOU RUN NON RESISTOR PLUGS WITH YOUR MSD SYSTEM THAT REQUIRE RESISTOR TYPE PLUGS....YOU WILL MOST LIKELY NOW HAVE THAT HIGH RPM MISS YOU TALK ABOUT.

WHAT R WE TRYING TO DO HERE....GET MAX PSI ON THE PISTON AROUND 15* AFTER TDC, SO ADVANCE THE FRICKIN TIMING.

THIS 'OTHER CRAP' HAS JUST AS MUCH TO DO WITH IT, STUPID ***.

STFU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:angry7:

NOW THAT YOU RUN NON RESISTOR PLUGS WITH YOUR MSD SYSTEM THAT REQUIRE RESISTOR TYPE PLUGS...

No they DON'T!!! you can run whatever plug you choose,call msd and ask them.......

No they DON'T!!! you can run whatever plug you choose,call msd and ask them.......

I did.

they told me to use resistor plugs.

call yourself.

btw...why do put that lil cool guy symbol on all of your posts when you are not cool? like when you are just plain rude and conceded?
even saw it on your 'carb help' thread....I mean stroked....You act like you know more than qualified engine builders like brian at imm when it come to heads, and well everything...but then you can't check standard protocol on carb issues...

I wouldn't treat you bad if had some humbleness, I've never read anything you've wrote that made me think believe that you know what you're talking about or that you've even personally accomplished the things you say you do.

I come on here to sincerely help people and learn.

You have never posted to any thread where you don't act like you are better than others and have it all figured out.

no body wants to bash you or anyone else, but the poster in question had the same attitude you do when I asked a simple question and well...ya get what you give.

stock 340 replacement plug, pick your own brand.

Not to sound like a dk..... but it's pretty sad for someone to own one of these cars and not know what plug to use, let alone the inability to pick one for yourself.....let alone start a thread with ''here we go again'' like you know that you're starting/stirring the pot.

Good luck

This person had a simple question and you came off as being better than them. Even though later they said they appreciated your help.

This has turned into one of the worst threads I've seen. You guys have been going back and forth for 10 days. Kill this thread.

I did.

call yourself.
heres the fk'd part, depending on which tech you talk too, this is what you get as an answer..http://www.msdignition.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9055

then the next tech says....http://www.msdignition.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9381

then this again...https://www.msdignition.com/forum/showthread.php?p=2825
every tech has their own opinion, which is rather scary really and gives no definitive answer, but not once do they say you 'will' make more power with a non resistor plug.

I have now submitted 3 different online question forms, lets see If I get 3 different answers back....

This person had a simple question and you came off as being better than them. Even though later they said they appreciated your help.

This has turned into one of the worst threads I've seen. You guys have been going back and forth for 10 days. Kill this thread.

I was pointing out the pot stirring title, goldfish.

It was a misunderstanding, notice I said originally how I wasn't trying to be a dick, did you hapen to catch that part?

You r of the one's here that don't like me.

dead?? this thread is 6ft deep......in sht.

I did.

call yourself.

I did right before i posted they told be you DO NOT need to run resistor plugs... and i don't know it all as a matter of fact you don't know me or what i know,think what you want i could careless...

I only wanted to know why he made the recommendation without considering her setup and use of other electronics.
I also wnated to see proff of any power increase and asking him how much has he considered in the big picture here, he came slanted and ill informed about everything except wikipedias 'ohm law'

if no one can see validity in these questions then I'm done and gone.

I did right before i posted they told be you DO NOT need to run resistor plugs... and i don't know it all as a matter of fact you don't know me or what i know,think what you want i could careless...

thats the thing, I care about people and whats good for them.

even you.

I just want honesty from you.

I only wanted to know why he made the recommendation without considering her setup and use of other electronics.
I also wnated to see proff of any power increase and asking him how much has he considered in the big picture here, he came slanted and ill informed about everything except wikipedias 'ohm law'

if no one can see validity in these questions then I'm done and gone.

Read the first post airhead the poster told us what they had heres what they wrote below and why i responded. Now are you going to argue that thats not the truth and was never posted? Arguing electrical with you is like telling a 5 year old not to stick anything in a electrical outlet. wtf do you think a resistor does in a circuit? you wouldnt know because you cant answer my ohms law question in a thread above then you make it sound as if im talking a point system when i was trying to simplify a ohms calculation problem for you in a pure 10 year old way but i forgot you know it all anyhow and ohms didnt have a clue wtf he was talking about! and by the way theres alot of drag racers using msd with non resistor plugs if you spent anytime at a track you would know this. Believe what ya wanna believe ive given you proof from a ohms law and from a high performance plug maker NOLOGY End of discussion!

Heres the 1st post read it sometime its on page 1
340 4 speed 3.91's....... air gap intake... z heads... 10.5-11.0 comp.
284 484 purple cam... holley double pumper ....holley electric blue pump .....msd 7al with msd dist.
what's your recommendations for plug #'s to use? street strip driven

-
Back