Here we go again, WHAT SPARK PLUGS

-
Mopar used champions at the factory because they had the contract with them..if any other maker was cheaper they would have put their plugs in,knowing mopar...

no doubt they wouldda used sumthin cheaper....and they wouldda worked just fine as well.

Does your Holley have a 2 or 4 corner idle mixture? If you have the 4 corner setup, it can be a little tricky to set and you might be rich. Also, (maybe I missed this in the thread) do you have the gap on your plugs (whatever brand) set wider than normal? The MSD can be set much wider than a stock ignition.
gap at 45 right now
2 corner holley 4150 4777c
have a new 750 cfm annular mighty demon was saving for another deal but may go on this car if this holley won't tune in.

Champion N11YC gapped at .036 you wont ever use another plug hard to find at the auto part store but well worth the 1 day wait to get them i got this tip from another poster decided to give them a try big change in throttle respose on my 318.......im sold!

Champion N11YC gapped at .036 you wont ever use another plug hard to find at the auto part store but well worth the 1 day wait to get them i got this tip from another poster decided to give them a try big change in throttle respose on my 318.......im sold!

so, do you have a radio in your car?

it's a non resistor plug that is one step colder than a stock plug.
resistor in the plug eliminates radio noise that is transmitted to the electrical system every time it fires.

so you must of had to hot of a plug or the wrong gap. I'm guessing.

who cares about the radio when we have cds? i cant hear the dayum thing anyhow when the motors throating out, why would you want to use a resistor plug when a non resistor plug will transfer more thermal energy and therefore accelerates the flame front propagation (means a shorter spark) so that means the fuel is used more efficiently and engine performance increases. resistance = to resist electrical current. yeah one step colder but thats not what creates the performance a faster spark means faster combustion and thats what a non resistor plug does a resistor plug is a longer spark which is a waste of energy

who cares about the radio when we have cds? i cant hear the dayum thing anyhow when the motors throating out, why would you want to use a resistor plug when a non resistor plug will transfer more thermal energy and therefore accelerates the flame front propagation (means a shorter spark) so that means the fuel is used more efficiently and engine performance increases. resistance = to resist electrical current. yeah one step colder but thats not what creates the performance a faster spark means faster combustion and thats what a non resistor plug does a resistor plug is a longer spark which is a waste of energy

The noise [RFI] travels through the current throughout the car, cd's don't change a thing. gawd damn man...

the only time a resistor plug will decrease voltage/energy..is in old early crap ignition systems like points and other stone age systems, even some electronic.
They make resistor plug especially for [MSD/MALLORY/AND OTHER CD IGNITION SYSTEMS] SO....With CDI the resistor actually enhances the spark available to fire the fuel air mix. This is because the discharge time from a Capacitor Discharge Ignition is so brief. The resistor helps to stall the rise time in the spark coil and to lengthen the duration of its' discharge.

YOU BETTER DO SOME RESEARCH.

what ignition system do you have?

and when duder told you to run those cause ''every 318 runs better with them''', did he happen to tell you what ignition was used?

and have you EVER tried a hotter plug?

you said it a resistor plug stalls and lengthens the spark time yes the 5000 mili secs isnt much but enough to slow the spark down on any engine you should do some research your self most racers use this plug so go figure. Its pretty simple any resistance in a ignition circuit effects spark plug performance by slowing down the spark. What you want is a shorter/faster spark in the combustion chamber its better it burns fuel more efficiently which increases engine performance and thats what a non resistor plug does its a fact jack dont believe me go spend 13 bucks on a set of champions or NGK BP5ES then tell me im wrong........Resistivity is a measure of the material's ability to oppose electric current. enough said

you said it a resistor plug stalls and lengthens the spark time yes the 5000 mili secs isnt much but enough to slow the spark down on any engine you should do some research your self most racers use this plug so go figure. Its pretty simple any resistance in a ignition circuit effects spark plug performance by slowing down the spark. What you want is a shorter/faster spark in the combustion chamber its better it burns fuel more efficiently which increases engine performance and thats what a non resistor plug does its a fact jack dont believe me go spend 13 bucks on a set of champions or NGK BP5ES then tell me im wrong........Resistivity is a measure of the material's ability to oppose electric current. enough said

you had to log out and ask someone, but at least you looked into it and finally answered back.

Racers that USE OLD CRAP IGNITIONS??

BUT again...what does a capacitive discharge ignition do?
Longer spark duration along with more energy.

you don't make sense, because 'I' don't believe it is you talking.

'I' think you are parroting someone else.

I only ask these things because I want people to know WHY it is they do what they do.

you had to log out and ask someone, but at least you looked into it and finally answered back.

Racers that USE OLD CRAP IGNITIONS??

BUT again...what does a capacitive discharge ignition do?
Longer spark duration along with more energy.

you don't make sense, because 'I' don't believe it is you talking.

'I' think you are parroting someone else.

I only ask these things because I want people to know WHY it is they do what they do.

Not on here 24/7 bro im back and forwards teaching you Ohms Law like i said prove me wrong whats better faster shorter spark or a longer slower spark?

Resistors at only 5000 ohms reduce rfi, not energy!!

Talk to the guys that design the plugs and modern ignition systems....

Talking speed of a spark here stay with me again as i teach you about electrical resistance again faster spark burns fuel more efficiently which boosts performance a slower spark wastes energy. Resistance slows a spark down now i cant give you it in any other simple terms and seeing the resistance is at the plug any amount of current (spark) coming out the other side is slowed down.

if the spark has the same energy...I'LL TAKE THE LONGER SPARK.

You haven't answered many of my questions...

im not answering questions that dont relate to what the poster asked about his car dude if your talking modern computer controlled ignitions in a A body forum your in the wrong forum period and my answers would be different about a resistor plug now stay with us old car guys here

This thread is dead, for she has already chosen her plugs.
And we are working on tuning the transition circuit on her carburetor.

You can't answer me.

BTW Earlier spark burns faster, Hotter spark burns faster, multiple sparks will burn faster and then again not really....at the same time thats relative to crank degrees.

oxygenated fuel burns faster

faster spark....LOL

is that the same as more timing? LOL

LOL

what ignition system do you run?

MSD6al and a blaster coil hey im done talking resistance and hijacking this poster thread all i ask is to prove me wrong on resistance and what spark produces more performance a longer burning spark or a a short spark because thats what its all about anyhow

-
Back