Here we go! LOL

-
I don't understand a single word you just said, lol.
I like challenges. WAIT !! I LOVE challenges! :D
I know i'm not going to hit your numbers (thumbs up!), but i'm going to whittle and whittle down the E.T. without compromising. There is always a tenth to be gained, so my work will never be done. :) I'm already at a point that I didn't think i'd be for the combo, now i'm making another change hoping for gain, oh what a vicious cycle! But fun !!

I like challenges. WAIT !! I LOVE challenges! :D
I know i'm not going to hit your numbers (thumbs up!), but i'm going to whittle and whittle down the E.T. without compromising. There is always a tenth to be gained, so my work will never be done. :) I'm already at a point that I didn't think i'd be for the combo, now i'm making another change hoping for gain, oh what a vicious cycle! But fun !!
I could definitely see quieting my car down (that would be nice)...but I really enjoy a good choppy idle....the kind like you're missing 3 plug wires...........Oh yeah.:D

Next time I'll just mention SNOWMOBILE and derail the entire thread.
Too late! I believe just your presence....

I'd be glad to discuss drag racing and snowmobiling on the other thread but again just really try and to get a consensus of an area I should be at. You know as I Ponder now I'm getting more at the low 500 lift with 1.6 which might make me into the high 400 with regular 1.5 rockers. I question whether my heads are even flowing enough for 525 lift.

I also question at this point if I should go ahead and pull the heads and put thicker head gaskets in to try and lower the compression for my pump gas situation but I don't know how much I can get out of that?. I do have the regular 1008 felpro now. Only thing that really ticks me off about that is yet another $37 exhaust gasket set damn it! I know what happens when I reuse one of these reusable gaskets I get pissed off and have to order a new one and do it again!

Too late! I believe just your presence....

I'd be glad to discuss drag racing and snowmobiling on the other thread but again just really try and to get a consensus of an area I should be at. You know as I Ponder now I'm getting more at the low 500 lift with 1.6 which might make me into the high 400 with regular 1.5 rockers. I question whether my heads are even flowing enough for 525 lift.

I don't get too excited about where a head quits flowing on flow bench. I can move that lift number up and down.

The reason to take some lift out of it was your first thoughts...at the lift you are at you are at the limits of the lift range. Once you net about .600 lift on stock stands IMO you are at the edge of being able to keep the valve train happy if everything is as good as you can get it. I've seen guys net more than that but you could see in the parts it wasn't happy. That's one reason I stopped at netting .600 because it isn't worth it for a driver.

Correct W-2's can easily net .750 or so.

BTW if you put blocks on your Pcar heads you can use more lift but then you get into being able to fit that much lobe on the lifter...and on it goes.

When I do my W-2 heads I'm probably going to use a mushroom lifter and get .720 net lift and drive it on the street.

We will see...

Keep the engine and just swap in a mild one for cruising around. That way when it's time to go racing you can do it for real.

Keep the engine and just swap in a mild one for cruising around. That way when it's time to go racing you can do it for real.

He already did that once. I just can't remember if he used the tunnel ram on the little engine of if it was a single 4.

Keeping up with the life and times of jpar is like keeping up with Stormy Daniels. Minus the boobs.

If you remember last year I put that 318 with 360 heads and an automatic in it. It's nice to have something I could do anything I want with. I've even considered swapping the stroker into my Power Wagon.

your car is just right for a grocery getter, I wouldn't go any mellower. But that's just me, I like it when all the windows rattle. lol

your car is just right for a grocery getter, I wouldn't go any mellower. But that's just me, I like it when all the windows rattle. lol
I'm sure it'll still be quite radical just not the little bit over-the-top that I wanted at the first.

440's fit real nice in those..... :realcrazy:
If you think that hasn't crossed my mind you're a Madman! The last everything and I mean absolutely last thing I have is small block except for the obvious things that would crossover.

I could definitely see quieting my car down (that would be nice)...but I really enjoy a good choppy idle....the kind like you're missing 3 plug wires...........Oh yeah.:D
Oh I know exactly what you mean when my friends teenager says it sounds like it's about to die and we look at each other with a big grin and say I know! And I don't want to lose all of that just maybe like one or two wires missing not like three or four LOL.

I'm hoping by Tuesday to start rippin the intake off. I really haven't read up lately on exactly how duration and lobe separation and lift affect each other. Back when I chose this cam I had an idea of what I was thinking about but right now I'm just looking at numbers and not really really really knowing how they're going to affect each other and the motor. Anyways if someone has some suggestions speak up or hold your peace cuz this thing's coming out...

I'm hoping by Tuesday to start rippin the intake off. I really haven't read up lately on exactly how duration and lobe separation and lift affect each other. Back when I chose this cam I had an idea of what I was thinking about but right now I'm just looking at numbers and not really really really knowing how they're going to affect each other and the motor. Anyways if someone has some suggestions speak up or hold your peace cuz this thing's coming out...
nice street cam with still some "lump" to the idle... 110 - 112 lobe separation.... at least 224* @ 50 but no more than 234* @ 50 duration. my 2 cents

nice street cam with still some "lump" to the idle... 110 - 112 lobe separation.... at least 224* @ 50 but no more than 234* @ 50 duration. my 2 cents
Well I'll look at that list on my first post from the link to Oregon cam grinding mechanical cams and see what comes up. I know Ken looks at duration and that's probably as I recall the way that list is formatted from low to high or high to low.

Well I'll look at that list on my first post from the link to Oregon cam grinding mechanical cams and see what comes up. I know Ken looks at duration and that's probably as I recall the way that list is formatted from low to high or high to low.
if u have solid lift cam, u may need to add a few degrees to the duration

if u have solid lift cam, u may need to add a few degrees to the duration
Yeah I'm going to smooth it out a bit. I can't imagine how badly I could screw up the Stroker LOL for it not to make decent power.
I know what it was doing at the track recently so I'll be able to tell. Unfortunately because of another thread I can't give that number out LOL.

The cam I'm changing and witch one still up in the air.
I would love to be able to run on 92 clear. I remember we calculated like 11.3 to 1 and my only compression check I did years ago was 189 to 194.
I just don't know how thick I can go safely with a head gasket or really if it's going to give the bang-for-the-buck that I want? Also considering the new cam will have lower duration and a wider lobe separation? Again it's coming apart LOL what I do with it at that point still not sure yet LOL

I finally finally finally got my garage cleaned up to start the project. I push the nose of the car out on the driveway and pulled the bottom radiator hose and disconnected the fan wires and pulled the top hose and the 4 bolts holding radiator and Bam it was out. Two bolts and three wires on the alternator and it was out, wow that was fast. I've already disconnected the carburetors. I'll likely leave the electric water pump glued to the timing cover and maybe see if I can find another timing cover to put a mechanical water pump on.
I had a talk with the guy that built my engine and he still laughs and Giggles when I tell him years later that the motor scares the piss out of me. And it even makes him laugh more when I tell him I want a bit smaller cam. I would like nothing more than to have it out and in Kens Hands by tomorrow. We'll see...
IMG_20180613_193959.jpg

Oh yeah that reminds me I ran out of Harbor Freight gloves but I'll be damned if I didn't get any dirt on me or grease or oil? I don't know how that happens these days...

-
Back