Here's a new one for you.......

-

hosehead

Reaction score
put some new shocks on my daily d100 today and was initially quite puzzled when I went to replace the passenger side front. At first, I couldn't figure out what the hell was going on with my lower control arm but a quick text to Jpar and he figured it out.
The previous owner(or someone) had wedged an old jack cup underneath the lower control arm. I have been driving this thing for a while and I'm shocked I never noticed it. It tucked into the space underneath perfectly.
Jpar reminded me that this thing could have really hurt someone had it come loose on the freeway or something. It probably weighs 4-5 lbs.
Glad it's out and my old beater truck rides great with it gone and a new set of Monroe gas shocks!

IMG_1418.JPG

Deadgummit man! Glad you got it out!

"Hurt someone!!" Could have taken out your rear tire!!

I'm still trying to wrap my head around why someone would leave it in there??? Wouldn't you notice the next time you used the jack???!!!

driving my girlfriends (wifes) car out in the boondocks and we hit a bump and something falls out from under the car with a few metallic thuds. WTF? I stop and get out and walk back to find a cap style oil filter wrench in the middle of the road. It must have stuck on the filter after her last oil change.

That could have been very bad had it come loose.

Worked with a mechanic that caught a DUII so until he had his stuff cleaned up I had to test drive all his work. Was a PITA because I had to stop what I was doing and do his work. Of course, I also had the only motorcycle endorsement so I got to test ride all the bikes we did. Rode a lot of choppers. Anyway, he had the bad habit of leaving his tools in weird places. I got tired of pulling over to pick them up so I made a note where I was and made him go get the ones that fell off the car that weren't miles from the shop.

He got better at policing up his tools.

I'm still trying to wrap my head around why someone would leave it in there??? Wouldn't you notice the next time you used the jack???!!!

Maybe they couldn't get it out.

Figured if it was so stuck it wouldn't come out then it wouldn't fall out, either.

My buddy Tom told me I should have left it there and installed another one on the other control arm....

Thats a heavy chunk to leave hanging. Apprentice trick...
My rechargeable light never made it back after the last time i left it on an engine.
Good riddance. Bloody thing would hide every time i put it down. I probably have 5 hours or more wasted just looking for that thing.
100 dollar snap on light.

My rechargeable light never made it back after the last time i left it on an engine.
Good riddance. Bloody thing would hide every time i put it down. I probably have 5 hours or more wasted just looking for that thing.
I spend a lot of time looking for everything now !

That's why you don't turn it off

My buddy Tom told me I should have left it there and installed another one on the other control arm....
That's kind of what I was thinking all along. That's the one had to jacked up so often it just left it as a good spot to connect their Jack too...

Maybe it belongs to a shop. They didn't notice it was missing until he was gone. Probably scratched their heads for a while as to where it went, if they ever did figure it out. Who would think it stuck to a control arm? lol

That could have been very bad had it come loose.

Crap like that makes bike riders cringe.

My Brother and my youngest Son were riding their bikes on the I17 down by Phoenix and a guy in one car decides to throw a full can of soda at another car for whatever reason and my Son had to duck it doing 70.

I wondered if the guy that threw it realized how many enemies he could have made right then.
I know I would instantly not be a fan.:D

Last edited:
I don't know the last time I was in LA and I turned on the news somebody jumped on the freeway and floor it going the wrong way! Somehow this piece of metal seems a little less scary...

-
Back