Heres a vid of something unseen

-

Dart Shawn

I wanna go fast!!!
Reaction score
Well here on FABO any ways, this is my other piece of heaven, just a quick photoshow and short video towards the end to show the tone of the exhaust even though the audio is less then decent ya still get a good taste!.

72 Chevy Vega base model with dealer AC-GUTTED, dropped in a 0.060 350 small block with 2.02 camel hump vette heads with stainless steel valves, a Comp cams magnum 280/280 cam shaft, Edelbrock RPM Airgap intake, Holley street avneger 670 CFM carb, hypereutechtic pistons, forged rods, forged crank, full MSD ignition-engine puts down about 400 horse and 450 ft/lbs of torque, has a turbohydromatic 700R4 4 speed overdrive tranny race built by maddog transmissions, a Chevy 8.5" 10 bolt rear end with hardened axles and a 3:42 limited slip diff built by diff works and a Chevy S-10 pick up front end. she runs pretty good and is damn fast but the rule of thumb break traction or break something else or break traction, wheel hop and break a lot of **** at once!

Still she's a fun ride even though the rear is on the fritz at the moment.

also the exhaust is ALL motor, there is no sound enhancing exhaust on this puppy, its got the power to back up all the noise, we actually down graded from Edelbrock SDT's to el-cheapo Summit turbo mufflers with hopes to quiet it down a bit.

dont look like no A-BODY TO ME --SURE YOU GOT THE RIGHT SITE? DODGE-PLYMOUTH--MOPAR---? ? ?

Well Alrighty Then, I Am Really Relaxed Now[lol] Sorry To Stress You Out---maybe It Was A Bit Much...still Drinking My Coffee...was To Early For That Graphic Site This Early In Morning.....like.......well Never Mind....sorry If I Offended Anyone

I was hoping for a big fat burny!:toothy10:
Sounds good .
That gear drive sure is loud.
Bet she flies!
Those little cars tear ***!

What's a 54 advanced design truck?

Way to wear a kansas city jersey to a niners game pal. Dont do it again and expect a warm welcome! If we wanted to learn about chevroletsnots we would most certianly be on a chevy forum wouldnt we? All I am asking is WHAT WHERE YOU THINKING. Not even remotely close to anything we care about here. Please just knock it off.

Wow I'm very surprised in the lack of respect a lot of you fellas have shown I mean after all its just a car right? are you seriously prejudice against other makes n models? are you seriously gonna talk like that on the net? come on guys seriously you act like you have never driven a non Chrysler powered vehicle and if you haven't then that's your problem I can honestly say I could have built a 650 horse small block Chevy for what I paid to build my 300 horse 318, now I'm not talking **** but there is damn sure nothing wrong with Chevy. For all you guys showing your colors acting like children, shame on you you sure know how to try to make someone feel like an idiot oh and another thing go up and read your FORUM LABEL!!! hhmmm-"OFF TOPIC, MEMBER RESTORATIONS" Yeah I guess I'm wrong to think that you understand that this is off topic and when theirs an "off" topic forum anything goes off topic meaning topic off the average chart of A-body Mopar, I'm not hurting any one with my Chevy and I have an immense amount of respect for many of the members here I am not prejudice with maker I also had a 1968 Cougar 302 and a 72 Comet 302. if a car runs good, looks good, and hauls *** whats your problem?

For those of you who can't stand to see my OTHER project I.E. the Vega don't watch the video, what? could you not read and see that its a Chevy?

For the few of you who didn't mind my posting the video and enjoyed seeing it, thanks!, you fellas know how to enjoy cars

OOOHHHH THATS NOT MOPAR SO IT SUCKS-give me a break, your acting like children!

Theres a guy on here with a second gen camaro for his avatar on this site did you give him this much **** also? and when you go to car shows do you walk by talking **** about peoples prized cars? this disgust's me.

Shawn.

And for you, your still wet behind the ears on this site man, not that I have any more posts on this forum but I'm not going on the board telling people what to do and being so condescending about the whole ordeal, you act like I was trying to piss people off I really wasn't I thought people would enjoy what I see to be a nice car, it may not be a Mopar but dammit it goes and in my opinion it looks good to, I don't down any ones car regardless of what it is so maybe you should be the one watching yourself and how you say things or act on this OFF TOPIC forum It's in the OFF TOPIC for a reason, I won't do it again cause I sincerely was NOT trying to make you fellas uneasy but whats the big deal? yall are acting like I just offended your grandma or something its just a car!!!!! I love Chevy AND Mopar cars are my passion doesn't matter what it is as long as its nice and can be built to be fast.

Like I said this is "OFF TOPIC" of FABO meaning not the average A-body talk.

No disrespect to anyone but man some of you guys sure do not know how to conduct your self's in an orderly fashion.

Shawn.

Way to wear a kansas city jersey to a niners game pal. Dont do it again and expect a warm welcome! If we wanted to learn about chevroletsnots we would most certianly be on a chevy forum wouldnt we? All I am asking is WHAT WHERE YOU THINKING. Not even remotely close to anything we care about here. Please just knock it off.

Take a look down the members restorations page you'll see that, I did not just join the board to post a video of my Vega which just occured to me that maybe yall didnt see that or my engine tech questions, I have a 74 Dart swinger with a 318 that I'm workin on, I just dumped $2600 into the engine alone, theres multiple pics, go check it out tell me what you think of it.

Shawn.

Anyone building a Daytona?......:-\" :iconbigg:
Just kidding, nice car. Sounds mean.
As long as you like it, who cares. I wouldn't line my /6 against it that's for sure.:salute:

Thanks!, I like it maybe not as much as my dart but I mean hell the Dart has the nicest body of any car besides my all time dream car the 1969 AMX with a the 390 go pak!!!

I always wondered if its possibly to pull good power out of those /6's, they're torque monsters, on top of being extremely reliable!!!

Shawn.

Anyone building a Daytona?......:-\" :iconbigg:
Just kidding, nice car. Sounds mean.
As long as you like it, who cares. I wouldn't line my /6 against it that's for sure.:salute:

hey if you like it its all good....im a mopar guy at heart, but love all muscle and think vegas are particularly cool...mind you though, you cant expect to post your modded chev on a mopar forum and expect people to be like good job! in fact, if we were to post our mopars on a chevy forum, wed get alot more flack than you are getting right now, so i wouldnt take it to offensively- kinda comes with the territory ya know? Like I said nice car, but one more thing...if you can build a 650hp sbc for the same as a 300hp 318, then you obviously buy your parts from the wrong place or go to shops that overcharge like hell...a small block mopar can be built for arond the same or a little more to a comparative small block chev, just gotta know where to spend the money thats all

Yeah thats true, I have just been in the chevy game alot longer then I have been in mopar because I always learned the parts to be cheaper, but thats just cause my dads a big Chevy fanatic dont get me wrong he's way jealous of the dart lol but he's always been sided with Chevy.

Shawn.

hey if you like it its all good....im a mopar guy at heart, but love all muscle and think vegas are particularly cool...mind you though, you cant expect to post your modded chev on a mopar forum and expect people to be like good job! in fact, if we were to post our mopars on a chevy forum, wed get alot more flack than you are getting right now, so i wouldnt take it to offensively- kinda comes with the territory ya know? Like I said nice car, but one more thing...if you can build a 650hp sbc for the same as a 300hp 318, then you obviously buy your parts from the wrong place or go to shops that overcharge like hell...a small block mopar can be built for arond the same or a little more to a comparative small block chev, just gotta know where to spend the money thats all

at this point in the game, with all the tuners outs there, its great to see someone with american muscle, whether its a mopar, ford, chev, wutever as long as its muscle, i can appreciate it....what kind of exhaust is on it by the way? (size pipe, muffs, x or h pipe, dumps?)

well its a custom exhaust, as no one produces a kit, so it runs 2-1/4 from the headers which are shorty's down to the transmision cross member, it then adapts to 2.5 from there to a set of Summit Turbo's which our first choice was Edelbrock SDT's but they were far beyond to loud so we downsized it to the 20 bucks turbo's and its much better. as for any X or H-pipe config its straight tube with no X or H and dumps before the rear axle.

at this point in the game, with all the tuners outs there, its great to see someone with american muscle, whether its a mopar, ford, chev, wutever as long as its muscle, i can appreciate it....what kind of exhaust is on it by the way? (size pipe, muffs, x or h pipe, dumps?)

What's the deal with people being jerks around here lately? No need to flame this dude - he's got a Mopar, he just thought people might beinterested in seeing one of his other projects. It's all in good fun to rib eachother about the brand "x" cars every one in a while - God knows I wouldn't own one - but have some respect for a fellow FABO member here. no need to be mean spirited.

Quite frankly, that's the type of responses I'd expect to see from.... well... Chevy guys.

-
Back