Hey everyone

-

jrlegacy23

68 Barracuda
Reaction score
Just joined the team about a week ago. I have been a mopar man for 10+ years now (Since I was 15-16). I have always owned mostly B-bodies (72 Satelite, 73 Duster, 70&71 Roadrunners [rough shape], 73 Dart, 73 Coronet, and a beautiful 69 Coronet r/t replica). I lost the 69 Coronet in a divorce :cussing: and I have always loved a 72 Dart and finally got one that is in great condition from South Carolina that is exactly what I have been looking for and plan to keep forever :toothy7: . It has a 318 auto that is 99% rust free. I was supposed to pick it up in Carlisle on the 8th, but found out he can't make it up and will deliver it to my house the following weekend. I am so excited, I am like a sixteen year old getting his first car. :sleepy3:

Hello jrlegacy23. Sorry to hear about your loss. But I'm glad you are moving forward with your life and have already found your future love. Welcome to the forums!

Hey welcome to the forums! Sounds like a great new project. One question though, when you said you lost your 69 coronet in a divorce,did your ex actually end up with it, or did you have to sell? Cause an ex that would take a man's mopar or a man's dog.......whoa now that's low.

Welcome aboard! I'm new as well, but this looks like a good place to be.

Welcome aboard,

Too bad about your coronet, been there, done that, it sucks hard. Enjoy the sight the guys are super great on here keep us updated on your progress!

No, she has the car. It was restored by myself and my uncle (at his shop), and when she cheated on me she figured the car should set on the mantel next to my balls. So she faught for the coronet, I did not do as great of a job restoring it as I wanted so I figured what the hell, I will start over with a car I have always wanted (70-72 Dart). She has tried to sell it multiple times but people around me ask me about the car and I tell them about every imperfection/shortcut that I made on the car. And I mention that the car had been in an accident before and I think that the frame may be bent (just a little) even though it has not :twisted: . It has been a year now, and it still sits in her pole barn, never been started up since I left, covered with pigeon sh*t now. Oh ya, the dog was in her name also... :wack:
I do not care if she sells it, I just do not want to see her get a lot for it.

Hey it sounds like everything's working out just fine. I mean if she fought that hard for it, and it's still sitting in her barn then it's pretty obvious that she just didn't want you to have it. I guess that was her idea of a ball shot. Anyway, now you can get going on the Dart and laugh when she ends up probably gettin' next to nothin' for the Coronet. Good luck.

-
Back