Hey from Redmond, OR

-

ramhi4x

Reaction score
Well, I just committed to buying a 1970 Dart Swinger project car for $2k. I'll be picking it up on Sunday, so here goes the beginning of my first long term project of this sort.
Since the seller already painted the cab, engine, and trunk compartments Plum Crazy, that's the color I'll probobly end up with.
All this is all new to me, I hope everyone here who has the time and is willing, will be patient with me with all the questions I'll have going forward, so thanks ahead of time!

Paul

Welcome Glad top see another Oregonian On this great site. Yeah, you will find the folks here ot be more than helpful. Enjoy oyur say.

Anyone who goes to the Redmond swap meet like I did again this year would have to admit it got to be the beautiful place there is to have one. For those that go there the surrounding view is incredible. Welcome Paul and good luck with your new prodject.

Welcome Paul.:wave:
there is a great punch of tec's and folk's here.
make your self at home and lets get started
on your 70 swinger.:mrgreen:

IT'S HERE!!!!!!

Check out my tread for "My 1970 Dart Swinger Retso", just picked it up yesterday!

hey paul, welcome to this site. i just joined a few days ago and been have great fun here. we'll have to get together sometime and swap stories. i'm restoring a 71 swinger gt with a 360 6 pack. email me anytime at [email protected]. i have a 70 swinger out back and have some oddball parts that i've collected so don't hessitate to ask for help.
big daddy don

pic's of dart build 009 (Small) (Small).jpg

:wave: Hi from the far east (South Carolina) and welcome.

Congrats on the Swinger. Welcome to the site. Howard (70 Swinger in work).

Hey big daddy don,
I moved out of Deschutes River Woods a little over two years ago to Redmond to be closer to work. My shop here is small, but a shop non the less. I bought this '70 Dart Swinger from a guy in Romaine Village, he fractured his foot real bad and had to sell his Superbee, Roadrunner, and Dart projects to help pay for med bills, he kept his Charger R/T.
You can email me at [email protected].

Cheers,
Paul

Welcome!! It is a GREAT site and as you can see lots of quality people willing to help in any way possible. My mother lived in La Pine, thats some harsh winters you guys endure but summer its heaven on earth!

Ah yes, the feeling of a new to you Mopar.
I want to buy another one but no time or place right now.
A bodies rule.
People here are great and not stuck up about things.
Don’t worry about a thing.
They love to show how much they know.
And admit it when they don’t

hey there, cuda 12, yes the winters can be somewhat cold but we usually have 300 days of sunshine a year. so it may be cold it is usually sunshining. i can live with that. lived in portland, oregon for 42 years and thought i'd die from the rain. just can't stand rain anymore. now i just turn on the bullet heater and go to work. got to get me paint booth finished and shop sheetrocked and insulated. that way the heat will stay a little longer.
don

pic's of dart build 006.jpg

Welcome to the site!!! Plum Crazy is a good color :mrgreen:

I used to do the Bend run for my work and would make it up there once a week. There was a little rod shop right on the main drag about 2 or 3 blocks from Carls Jr. is it still there? I never got a chance to stop in. Another cool place was B&D Glass (one of our stops for work) they had some cool cars in and out of there all the time.
There was a yellow Duster that was sitting in a yard that had a dirt bike track I wanna say it was after Madras if your headding east. It looked like it was getting parted out. That was another one I never checked on.

Thanks for the pics of your shop, when I was on an acre in Bend I was going to build one but ended up moving up to Redmond, don't miss those pine needles at all!

Hey J.R.,
nice paint! I go to Madras quite often, especially in the summer when the drags are going on at Madras Dragstrip. I'm itchen to run that 1/8 mile track with my Mopar. Never noticed the Duster, I'll have to look closer next time.

Cheers!

:roll: Hey check this out, anybody notice MOON eyes here?

My 70 Dart 01sm.jpg

My 70 Dart 02sm.jpg

My 70 Dart 03sm.jpg

My 70 Dart 04sm.jpg

3Sisters.jpg

California is WEST NOT EAST
Anyway, welcome Paul and don't be a stranger in our chat room. Questions are no problem, somebody will have an answer.

hey paul, big daddy don here. i think i have a steering wheel and a column if your interested. they are still in the dart out back of the shop. i see your's are not the stock pieces. i have two bumpers, one has some dings and the other i think is still pretty decent. i have several wiring looms also. don't know if and what you might need but let me know.
big daddy

pic's of dart build 004.jpg

Wow, just a little front end damage there huh? Would you happen to have the trim that goes across the trunk lid? Im looking for a good peice with no dents or big scratches in it.

Hey Don,
I'm looking to convert to manual steering and disc brakes, any luck?

I also need a dash pad and glove box door.

It's exciting and gratifying to see these cars being saved. I love the before and after pics. Good Luck and happy wrenching!

Welcome aboard Paul. Nice looking project you picked up. And Plum Crazy isn't too bad a shade either! What color interior are you planning on? I envision white with a matching rump stripe. And steel wheels... with chrome lugs like an A12 Super Bee.

Sorry... I day dream out loud at times.
schla17.gif

-
Back