hey guys

-

plymouthgerm

Reaction score
just a few questions every time it rains my car gets water in the front floor pans whats that all about ? and my windshield wipers don't work they turn on its seems to make a noise but the wiper don't move
moves

Hello from Minnesota! The water is from a bad windshield wiper pivot seal. The linkage might not be connected to the pivot shafts, making the noise you hear.

Another theory, Germ, as this is the case with my car. Check the perimeter of the windshield. The drivers lower corner of mine is rusted out. My wiper seals are fine. Worth checking out. My humble suggestion...

The bottom side of the cowl may be rusted through. It usually happens at the left and right corners. It's easy to check out if the heater box is removed, but you might get lucky (actually, really unlucky) and see it even if it's in the way.

hey guy i believe it is a rotted seal can i just pick up new ones at the auto zone and what if the linkage is missing

.. i just pick up new ones at the auto zone and what if the linkage is missing
Don't believe, look. No luck at auto parts. Wiper pivot seal kits are cheap though. See ebay or DMT. Why not look under the dash and view your linkage? If missing, your wipers can't pivot. If leak is at windshield rubber, try "flowable silicone RTV", at auto parts. Also, better to title your posts with the subject, not "hey guys".

Don't believe, look. No luck at auto parts. Wiper pivot seal kits are cheap though. See ebay or DMT. Why not look under the dash and view your linkage? If missing, your wipers can't pivot. If leak is at windshield rubber, try "flowable silicone RTV", at auto parts. Also, better to title your posts with the subject, not "hey guys".

thanks i looked at my windshield wipers and there rotted best way to describe it is looks like rotted tires so ill check ebay for a kit and i will title it better thanks all

maybe ma mopar designed their cars to leak. that way the floors stay washed off!!??? LOL mine have to sit under a shed and only go out on sunny days!!!!!

-
Back