Hey Kids! Its the old lady

-

Preston

Child
Reaction score
Hi guys,
Names preston, new to site not mopars. Proud owner of a 1969 Barracuda fast back green on green named "The Old Lady" in honor of her previous owner. 318, 904 auto, 7.25 sure grip.

318 is warmed up with purple cam, eddy 650, edy performer dual plane, accel coil, mopar wires, 302 casting heads that are milled ported and polished, j head valves so 2 and 1.96 i guess it would be, and headers, im sure theres other things.

It has typical a body qtr panel rot which im fixing but none in the frame or floors or dog house. Front right fender is a facory replacement that still has the little tag on it!

Next upgrades include braided fuel line over the tank, bigger rad, and eventually a four speed. It will be painted an ultra dark green.

Speaking of the four speed i have a question, does anyone know the tail shaft length of A and F body 833s respectively? If the F has the same tail shaft ill steal the F tail shaft and slap it on a b/e 833 and save some time hunting for an A one.

Thanks
Preston

Hi guys,
Names preston, new to site not mopars. Proud owner of a 1969 Barracuda fast back green on green named "The Old Lady" in honor of her previous owner. 318, 904 auto, 7.25 sure grip.

318 is warmed up with purple cam, eddy 650, edy performer dual plane, accel coil, mopar wires, 302 casting heads that are milled ported and polished, j head valves so 2 and 1.96 i guess it would be, and headers, im sure theres other things.

It has typical a body qtr panel rot which im fixing but none in the frame or floors or dog house. Front right fender is a facory replacement that still has the little tag on it!

Next upgrades include braided fuel line over the tank, bigger rad, and eventually a four speed. It will be painted an ultra dark green.

Speaking of the four speed i have a question, does anyone know the tail shaft length of A and F body 833s respectively? If the F has the same tail shaft ill steal the F tail shaft and slap it on a b/e 833 and save some time hunting for an A one.

Thanks
Preston

Welcome to FABO!:eek:ccasion:

75-86.jpg

75-87.jpg

Welcome to the best of the best site going Preston
Looking forward to your post's
Take a look around and enjoy the bounty of knowledge there is here.

Welcome To A-bodies The Site With The Greatest Guys And Gals I Ever Typed A Message To. Where No Question Goes Unanswered.

Welcome to The Old Lady! Oh, and Preston, too! You will find there is always* a great sense of humor by folks** on here! Great advice! Supreme knowledge. Awesome Mopars! Well enough about me!! LOL!!

*well, most of the time
**well, most folks, eh you know how it is, don't take stuff too seriously!!

Hello and welcome
I think all the 833 four speeds are the same (well maybe not the late overdrive ones) EXCEPT which shifter holes get drilled and tapped and they all have the bosses cast on them, at least the A/B/E/C bodies are.
If you really have the 7 1/4 rearend you need to change it to a 8 3/4 as my slant six (stock) breaks them.I am not sure that you can get suregrip in the 7 1/4-but if you can I could use one....for my 64.
Lynn

Oh you could get them. Mine still has the suregrip tag on it and the fender tag decoded to say the same. I even asked the original owner if the rear was ever changed and they said no. 8) The car was bought off the lot at Ludwig's Chrysler in Pottstown Pa, Not ordered

The pics are small because they are cell phone pics. I dont have a good camera.

And its funny that someone posted the slantsix article. I read that just before logging on today

Thanks again everyone for the welcome!

Heres a question, how many barracudas do you know of that are factory bucket seat cars, with no console and column shift?

all barracudas were bucket seat, column shift was standard, (3 speed or auto) floor shift with or without center console was optional (early ones anyway 64 65 66 not sure on the 67 & up)

-
Back