Hey vets. Another slap in the face.

-

rbkt65

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Texas Roadhouse is giving away a free meal to vets. Internet say you can get a voucher good til may 2023. NOT. Went to our closest one about 45 min from home. Got there at 1055. Already a 2 hr wait. Vets leaving in droves. NO VOUCHER. HAVE TO EAT IN. SCREW THEM SMR'S. So we are eating at Applebee's. When I get home I am going to try to contact TRH Corp and tell them what a bunch of dick weeds they are. Another big Corp that would not exist without vets. Congratulations to my fellow vets on Veterans Day. THANKS FOR YOUR SERVICE. Rick w.

If you're lucky and complain loud enough maybe they'll send you a certificate in the mail. It would be a nice PR on their part. But don't hold your breath.
Sorry that a Vet was slighted by Texas Roadhouse. Thanks for your service to our Country.

1668192157106.png

Texas Roadhouse is giving away a free meal to vets. Internet say you can get a voucher good til may 2023. NOT. Went to our closest one about 45 min from home. Got there at 1055. Already a 2 hr wait. Vets leaving in droves. NO VOUCHER. HAVE TO EAT IN. SCREW THEM SMR'S. So we are eating at Applebee's. When I get home I am going to try to contact TRH Corp and tell them what a bunch of dick weeds they are. Another big Corp that would not exist without vets. Congratulations to my fellow vets on Veterans Day. THANKS FOR YOUR SERVICE. Rick w.
Seriously?
You're complaining that a company that owes you nothing didn't give a freebie thanking you for your service?
I remember when vets got spit on and called baby killers.
I sure as hell didn't do my time in the Army for a free meal.

I am an Army combat Infantry vet and I never really understood the big deal about a free meal.
I did my job and never expected anything other than to live in a free country

Those stores don't owe vets anything, I think it's more of a PR stunt/money grab. Most people do not go there alone.

I will say they should at least honor what they put out, but I wouldn't get all worked up over it. I am sure you have been through worse.

Neither did I. I feel sorry for the other vets. If you advertise that, give it to them. I was in the army in 71. So I know a little bit about it.

I THANK ALL OF THE VETERANS. I'm VERY GRATEFUL for what you did. . You all are the BEST.

That's too bad. They got some good steaks, too.

It's a missed steak... Or mistake...

One of them... Or both...

Thanks to all of the veterans for our freedom... :usflag:

Seriously?
You're complaining that a company that owes you nothing didn't give a freebie thanking you for your service?
Thank you for your service.
I never served in combat or overseas, even though I have a honourable discharge, what I did was small compared the sacrifice others did
If there is anybody who deserves a free meal today its a combat vet and I served with many
Its nice restaurants offer free meals to vets today.
As you know im sure, that aways wasnt the case and while nobody spit on me when I was on active duty in 73, I will say soldiers in uniform for some part weren't held in high esteem, at least that was my experience
Except once when I flew back home form Louisville. I was in my dress kakis and there was only one other person on the plane besides me.....The flight attendant or stewardess as they were called back than was very nice to me, talking to me, did I need anything...She was also gorgeous but at the airport back home I knew my best friend, my brother and my girl were waiting for me and thats all I could think of
Thank you to all the vets who served, all who made so many sacrifices for our country, all you did, all the time away from your families

Seriously?
That may be but when they advertise something and don't deliver...............

It is also good PR for the restaurant because if food is good along with the service, you just may have developed a long time customer. As a vet myself I'm just happy to get a discount from Lowes and Home Depot whenever I buy. Tractor Supply only discounts Vets day and memorial day.

I read the deal Texas Road House was doing. You're right, supposed to give a voucher good until next March for dine in only. We have a fairly new one in town, butI'm not crazy about crowds and food doesn't get me excited so I just passed.

I agree though. They should honor what they advertise.

I got my free meals at the local diner, Marine Corp B-day on the 10th and just a couple hours ago for veteran's day. lol They told us to come for breakfast in the morning before we go shopping.
They also fed the wife for putting up with me.

I got my free meals at the local diner, Marine Corp B-day on the 10th and just a couple hours ago for veteran's day. lol They told us to come for breakfast in the morning before we go shopping.
They also fed the wife for putting up with me.

Your wife should get a medal, a 30 day paid vacation anywhere in the world and a separate house to live in if the world was a righteous place. But I digress…

I got 4 years of free meals.....and room to boot! And a brand new tailored buisness suit....(USMC cadence song)

I posted earlier, but will jump back in....right or wrong.
I laugh at all this free food this or that.

My Dad was older when he had me.
He left HS in 1942 and joined up during WW2. He loved the military gave him food and new leather shoes...
I heard this a hundred times...LOL
He never left and ended up retiring as a LCDR not bad for a kid that never graduated from HS.
I never once heard him ask anything or expect anything from being a Vet.
He loved America and was proud he contributed to our freedom.
He has been dead for over 25 years and I have to say I am glad he does not have to see some of the stuff that is going on now in our country.

He always wondered why my Brother and I joined the Army......LOL

The photo of the guys sitting around the table was my Dad in 43 when he was 17YO. ( 2nd from the right) He told me 2 of those guys were killed on Iwo. They were all on an APA attack transport ship and drove infantry landing craft.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE and I guess a steak isn't either.....

Dad USCG.jpg

Mark Army.jpg

Matt Army.jpg

Dad.JPG

I have got one free meal in my life. (mom's I am not listing here). Back in Missouri about 20 years ago, I was building my "home", pole barn being "remodeled" into my home, plain as it sounds. Me working 40 hours, doing all this evenings, weekends, winter coming on fast, camping out like Geronimo, not even an outhouse. Local small town cafe offered free Thanksgiving meal to anyone that needed such.
Thank you again!!

-
Back