Hey You flow bench dudes

-

MOPARMAGA

" The other hard member"
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I was just screwing around the last 10 minutes at work and grabbed a shitty used valve and started grinding.
I started off with a 15° back cut which is nearly a perfect blend into the radius going up to the stem.
30°
45°
50°.
I cut those angles first then working in reverse I made a 50° seat, 40°, 30°,20° and 15°.
I'm sure you guys have experimented on this stuff but I was just wondering if it works and worth some power ?

IMG_20231222_202559221_HDR.jpg

I am thinking a bowl blend to 70° bottom angle, 60° cut under the 50° seat and a 40 top cut.
For the seats .060 separation.
If I could get to the flow bench and figure how to make it work I'll do some tests.

Interested in hearing the outcome, but my gut reaction is people probably have at some point and since it ain't commonly done probably not worth it, if so still be interesting why.

Interested in hearing the outcome, but my gut reaction is people probably have at some point and since it ain't commonly done probably not worth it, if so still be interesting why.
I was watching a cylinder head company on YouTube, I believe it was bme and they had some impressive results with just 2 back cuts. Up to 60 cfm vs a 30° back cut. But he did mention a lot of testing different widths was involved in getting the best cfm and I'm sure there's some stuff that would be chamber related too.

I was watching a cylinder head company on YouTube, I believe it was bme and they had some impressive results with just 2 back cuts. Up to 60 cfm vs a 30° back cut. But he did mention a lot of testing different widths was involved in getting the best cfm and I'm sure there's some stuff that would be chamber related too.
That's promising then, they do deal with crazy high end heads.

I was watching Darin Morgan he was saying the heads valve angles towards the front to center of chamber had more effect and they shape the throat more towards the short side and wall to preserve more of the angles at front and center to aid flow transition into the chamber, wonder if multiple angles on the valve may aid in some directions and not others, probably there success would depend on if the aid or hinder flow on the front and center, then short side next, he's was saying on wall side you basically want go straight down towards the piston so I don't think multi angles would help much there.

-
Back