HHR fan Installed 69 Dart small block

-

skep419

No show, all go!
Reaction score
Had to see what all the fuss was about. Picked up the fan for $75.00 and the wiring harness for free from a malibu at the salvage yard.

IMG_4433.jpg

IMG_4432.jpg

IMG_4431.jpg

IMG_4430.jpg

IMG_4429.jpg

IMG_4428.jpg

Looks great but just out of curiosity what are the dimensions of the fan shroud and how deep. I now only have 2 1/2 inches between the pulley and the radiator and my Griffin rad is only 18"x18"

Thanks in advance

Thank You Sam and as you probably know, it won't fit in my Signet but I will be using a 16" Mercedes Pusher and the 2 - 10" Scotts pullers I've had on since 1990

So? What was all the fuss about?

The fan is to wide and will hit the water pump with out modification. The radiator support has to be trimmed to mount the radiator from the front.

Works good.

The fan is to wide and will hit the water pump with out modification. The radiator support has to be trimmed to mount the radiator from the front.

Works good.

Glad to hear it works good but was it worth the hassle? Just curious.

I wonder what makes this thing move so much air - the combination of the shroud and the blade or just the blade? If it was just the blade maybe you could find another motor and shroud to fit it in? There are so many electric fans available out there, I'm sure something could be made to work with less fitment issues.

Also, you have a two groove pulley for the power steering, would a single groove net a little more room?

The power steering isn't the issue. The fan motor sits dead center with the water pump. That's why a lot of people use dual fans. I had a spal 16" puller before the HHR fan and it was twice as loud and didn't cool as well. Not sure if having the tanks exposed to the airflow has anything to do with it but I'm happy with it.

-
Back