HHR Fan???

-

mopowers

Reaction score
Does anyone here run an HHR fan? If so, what are your impressions? How well does it cool for your particular application?

I really like mine. Paid under 70$ for it new (aftermarket, not genuine GM) . It fits very close to the water pump pulley. I believe the thickness is about 4.5 inches. I had saved a pic showing the dimensions that I found on the 'net but I cant find it now. I have a universal Summit rad that fit the opening in the rad support widthwise , but I had to trim the lip at the top of the support to move the rad forward so that the fan would clear the pulley. I had to trim on the shroud a bit as well. It works very well, but I am only cooling a stock 318 with mild cam, intake and headers and I haven't driven it in 110 degree weather yet. I will put up a few pics in a few.

Early on in the project

3-13-10 003.JPG

12-5-09 011.JPG

Where I trimmed the lip off the rad support at the top, I hammered and dollied a new lip pointing forward to give it some rigidity. Without the lip , the top of the support is really flimsy. The new lip is mostly hidden once the hood latch support and other goodies are installed.

duster 6-1-19 003.JPG

duster 8-4-2019 006.JPG

-
Back