Hi all!

-

Craig NY

Reaction score
Just introducing myself. Ive been a ford guy, but now im MOPAR reborn, and im planning on getting a car in Feb. Im leaning toward a nice Duster with a big block!!

Great! Welcome aboard. Where in the state are you? (You should put it under your name later.)

Welcome Craig

Hope you find that Duster. My uncle had a 440 Duster....scary car, very cool.

69 Swinger1.JPG

Mopower71 said:
I bit up state.
Around 60 miles north of NYC
Im like 35 miles east of NYC, were practically neighbors LOL! I was up visiting family in Mahopac yesterday, i think thats up your way

Welcome aboard. I lived in Ridge for 2 years. Pretty close to you and Rumble. MikelBeck is close too.

Craig NY said:
Thanks for the welcome. North bellmore is on Long Island. R U upstate?

Bayside, Queens checking in here. Welcome aboard Craig. Is the Bellmore cruise still happening? I heard after the Friday Night Cruisers got hassled to death by Nassau County P.D. and the locals put the KaBash out it's been kinda an "outlaw" type of thing.

Either way, you'll like it here. We're way beyond the "My car is better than THAT make of car...." metality and we all just love the auto hobby. I myself am a reformed VW addict....

Now kick off your shoes and get comfortable! :thumbup:

I threatend to by a Mustang and was nearly hung at the stake. LOL

Thanks to all for the welcome! This is a great site. To answer your question Fastback, yes Bellmore is still on Fri nights, and is HUGE!! Its true that the police are there, but as long as everyone behaves (and everyone pretty much does) you dont even know they are there. Masasapequa is getting big also, or at least it was this last summer. All us NY guys gotta hook up this summer, as soon as i get a car!

For the uninitiated, the Bellmore Cruise occupied TWO huge commuter parking lots for the Long Island Railroad on Sunrise Hwy. in Bellmore, Long Island, not far from the infamous Baldwin/Motion Chevy dealership of the 60's-early 70's. The level & quality of the cars there ranges from steaming piles to magazine cars. Clapped out 4 cylinders to 440 powered VW Beetles. Model A's to GT-40's. It used to be a great place until it got TOO popular. Guys on bikes buzzing past doing 100 MPH wheelies and every kid with a Fart-pipe on his Honda screeching their tires. That's why I stopped going 2 yrs. ago.

I'm glad to hear it's still popping. Maybe I'll make it out there this coming season. And who knows.... I might even have my car done by then!

Its a cool show for sure. I had the Cuda out there a few times in 2001 when I was living out there. It was a long drive with 4.30 gears though.

Yeah its a cool show, but crowded for sure. On a friday night if you dont get there by like 6 pm good luck trying to find a spot. Used to try and get home from work early and rush over there with my stang. There arent as many bikes anymore (used to have Harleys and took my bike there a time or two when i still had it), but they seem to be comming back, little by little. Hopefully ill be rushing home this summer to take my MOPAR there! Hey John, arent there a couple of big cruise nights in Queens? A guy at work mentioned one but i forgot where?

The only cruise night that I am aware of in Queens was the one in Astoria, under the Triboro. Haven't been there in many years so I do not know if it is still had. The last time that I was there though, it was inundated with import tuners and stuff that I really have no interest in.

Russ

Craig NY said:
Just introducing myself. Ive been a ford guy, but now im MOPAR reborn, and im planning on getting a car in Feb. Im leaning toward a nice Duster with a big block!!

Welcome Craig NY let me be the first to say,
You are the first to join us in 2007. :director:
And I am in the same boat.
Still looking for my next A bodie :sad:

-
Back