Hi all

-

Dana67Dart

The parts you don't add don't cause you no trouble
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Just joined and have a million questions. I am new to the forum but not new to Mopar. I have been helping my dad work on his (now mine) 1967 Dodge Dart, Gt Convertible, 273 2bbl, since he brought it home in 1967. It was a So Cal car garaged every night but it was Dad's daily driver from the time he bought it till he retired about 30 years later. It is 98% original with only the usual disposable parts being replaced (water pump, radiator core, master cylinder etc.) The engine was rebuilt once as was the transmission and the car was repainted. The car has 315,000 miles on it and drives wonderfully. It is rust free but has had a few bumps along the way, A horse crushed in the passenger door, the left rear quarter panel was damaged twice and the left front fender was wrecked by a pillar that just appeared in the road! (not by me) Dad passed away a few months ago and My mom asked me if I wanted his car... Uh Yes!. It had not been run in 4 years but with 3 cranking attempts and one squirt of starter fluid it fired right up. Being a So Cal car it runs a bit rich at 5000 feet! What I have done so far is: replaced the battery, replaced the spare tire (it was from 1980) repaired the hazard switch (only the front lights were flashing) repaired the parking brake wiring so the break warning light lights as it should, repaired the back up light switch. Rubbed out the paint a bit removing 30 years of oxidation, some parts actually shine! Repaired many cracks in the original convertible top. I wish I was brave enough to put the top down but my guess is it would look like a sail from the Black Pearl (Pirates of the Caribbean) when I put it back up. I drove it 100 miles the other day to burn out the old gas before rebuilding the carb fuel pump etc.

Thanks for listening!

Dana

Welcome to FABO... :welcome:

Post some pics of the car - we love car **** here... (Car **** here is just pictures of your car...) :steering:

There are lots of us here that have been working on these for years, just ask what you want in the proper section/forum so it gets the best visibility and more people can help you then... :popcorn:

Welcome from North Carolina! Ask away, A million is a lot of questions

KrazyKuda - Que the boom chicky wow wow music!

That is the original rear upholstery! Front may have been replaced once. Top is original though there are more holes than top! The GT and V8 logos are missing from the passenger side as I needed to measure the holes for a replacement left front fender and forgot to put them back on before taking the photos.

Enjoy

104_1435.JPG

104_1436.JPG

104_1437.JPG

104_1438.JPG

104_1439.JPG

104_1440.JPG

104_1441.JPG

Welcome from northeast Arkansas :popcorn: Jump on in and enjoy this great site, digging that drop top Dart :thumbsup:

:welcome: - good lookin' Dart!! It sure seems you have the right head-set going - Kudos to you for jumping on ownership! :thumbsup:

Welcome to FABO, Dana!
Your Dart is going to keep your dad's memory with you always.
Way to go!

KrazyKuda - Que the boom chicky wow wow music!

That is the original rear upholstery! Front may have been replaced once. Top is original though there are more holes than top! The GT and V8 logos are missing from the passenger side as I needed to measure the holes for a replacement left front fender and forgot to put them back on before taking the photos.

Enjoy

View attachment 1715073426

View attachment 1715073427

View attachment 1715073428

View attachment 1715073429

View attachment 1715073430

View attachment 1715073431

View attachment 1715073432

Very nice... You can do alot with that... :thumbsup:

-
Back