hi all

-
I retire from work in about 4 months and hopping to restore my car.

today's update is i've had a reality check and decided to fit the 383 mopar big block i've been offered to make the valiant a nice quick road car instead of the nutter turbo 383 chevy motor that if i'm honest i'll only race 2-3 times a year anyway. so all the chevy and turbo stuff is for sale.

today's update is i've had a reality check and decided to fit the 383 mopar big block i've been offered to make the valiant a nice quick road car instead of the nutter turbo 383 chevy motor that if i'm honest i'll only race 2-3 times a year anyway. so all the chevy and turbo stuff is for sale.
I like that Idea Neil And would like to help so I can learn more. I guess you will need to change your K member and put in a bigger suspension to hold the bigger engine.

hi fred,
in the past i fitted a 440 to my 65 dart mate. i notched the 6 cyl' k member to clear the sump and just wound up the torsion bars to suit (and made a front disc conversion). it had a similar stance to this valiant so i'll just do the same with this one too. on the dart i hooked up the original column shift too so i could keep the bench seat and 'superstock' look with painted steels etc. it was called 'the dartful bodger'.

hi fred,
in the past i fitted a 440 to my 65 dart mate. i notched the 6 cyl' k member to clear the sump and just wound up the torsion bars to suit (and made a front disc conversion). it had a similar stance to this valiant so i'll just do the same with this one too. on the dart i hooked up the original column shift too so i could keep the bench seat and 'superstock' look with painted steels etc. it was called 'the dartful bodger'.
That's good to know I had no Idea that the torsion bars would work.

Nice work on the plates! When I lived in England a guy left a note on my car asking if i would sell my plates to him. The plate number was DIB 1683 and his name was Dib.

i sold them for just enough to cover my expense for new ones. Glad to help a guy out!

Nice work on the plates! When I lived in England a guy left a note on my car asking if i would sell my plates to him. The plate number was DIB 1683 and his name was Dib.

i sold them for just enough to cover my expense for new ones. Glad to help a guy out!
Never been over in Europe and trying to figure out some of the language.

It was a culture shock just going to England. First night in country a fellow Airman took me to a pub. I walked up and a guy if this was the line for the bathroom. He said, "no mate, it's the queue for the loo" !!

Oh, and a desert they sell there is "spotted dick".

Oh course, **** are cigarettes!!

I ended up married to a British gal.The accent was too much to pass on. Had a kid and stayed married for 7 years before she found another "bloke", lol.

It was a culture shock just going to England. First night in country a fellow Airman took me to a pub. I walked up and a guy if this was the line for the bathroom. He said, "no mate, it's the queue for the loo" !!

Oh, and a desert they sell there is "spotted dick".

Oh course, **** are cigarettes!!

I ended up married to a British gal.The accent was too much to pass on. Had a kid and stayed married for 7 years before she found another "bloke", lol.
Looks like I got a lot to learn. The only thing I know that's different is pants and under ware.
And looks like I will not smoke over there the last thing I want to smoke is a fag.

Lol. I wouldn't eat any spotted dick either, lol.
Yea that to.
Looks to me like there is more difference in the English language than I thought.
Soooo what the hell is spotted dick?

Its a British dessert or "pudding" as they call it. Weird name for sure.

spotted-dick-pic.jpg

yep, it's great hot with custard on it mate, the dessert not the......
when we've been to the states on holiday we usually talk to folks about the different words used for things. your fries are our chips but your chips are our crisps as just 2 examples. a fanny pack is a bum bag to us, the list goes on and on. neil.

yep, it's great hot with custard on it mate, the dessert not the......
when we've been to the states on holiday we usually talk to folks about the different words used for things. your fries are our chips but your chips are our crisps as just 2 examples. a fanny pack is a bum bag to us, the list goes on and on. neil.
Good morning Neil. Lots of differences from here to there but looks like we got a lot in common.
We both love our old cars and enjoy going fast.

for sure fred,
i've already been looking at 496 stroker kits for the 383 :lol:
That would be sweet, how much do you think it will cost?
was looking at a stroker 408 from a 360 with 445 hp in the Jegs catalog for $5460 before shipping.
But still thinking I might just take my 340 and build it with a blower but I am not very smart when it comes to engines, but I am learning thanks to all you guys out there.

440 source do a 496 kit for the 383 fully balanced at $2249 and their own fully assembled ally heads at $499 each so with cam, lifters, intake etc etc under $4000 would get me there. should be in the 550 hp range.

440 source do a 496 kit for the 383 fully balanced at $2249 and their own fully assembled ally heads at $499 each so with cam, lifters, intake etc etc under $4000 would get me there. should be in the 550 hp range.
Would that be US money or UK?

Sure it will, but I think your wife and kids will be stuck to the back window the first time you step on the gas.

-
Back