hi from Australia

-

roarz

Reaction score
Have spent many enjoyable hours reading through the forums, so bit the bullet and signed up. This my first time EVER posting to any type of forum. What I most enjoy reading about is the members who have a "I can do that atitude" and have a go, rather than use the "cheque book building" method. I find that when my little project seems to be stalling, I get into the forums and it seems to reenergise the thought procesess and rekindle the enthusiasm.
I have a 67 VE Valiant which looks very similiar to your 4 door Dart. I have gone a different route to probably most of the other members, is that I used a 350 chev small block, with powerglide and a 9". The body has not been hacked, cut or molested in any way and still looks as it came from the factory, complete with original paint and trim. It came with no heater, no radio, vinyl floor covering. The ultimate poverty pack.

Hi there. Welcome aboard.
I'm thinking since chevy 350s are more abundant and less expensive to build it fits the "poverty" aspect of the car in pretzel logic sort of way. You can expect to hear a few complaints from the purists though.
If you use a photo hosting like photobucket.com to upload some pics we would sure like to see the car.

True, the Chevy motor gets the nod offten over what many will say should be in there. But, if it's is easier to get, and thats what you did,..well, so be it. Certain parts are cheaper and easy to get.

While I'm never thrilled at a brand C or F in a MoPar, I won't give ya greif for it. Your MoPar is on the road and your enjoying the car. That is what counts.

Welcome aboard.

welcome. glad to see another mopar running around on another continent. one of my previous customers just moved back to australia and took his car with him. he runs an original lemon twist yellow 73 scamp with a black vinyl top. i know australia is big, so i don't expect you to see him, but maybe. good luck and post some pics.

ps- like already said, if a sbc 350 was cheaper, then it is what it is. fly with it.

Welcome to the board...never been to the land of OZ, but I have a Australian Cattle dog...does that count?

Dont let anybody tell you the car has the "wrong" stuff in it. Build it the way you want!!

welcome. glad to see another mopar running around on another continent. one of my previous customers just moved back to australia and took his car with him. he runs an original lemon twist yellow 73 scamp with a black vinyl top. i know australia is big, so i don't expect you to see him, but maybe. good luck and post some pics.

ps- like already said, if a sbc 350 was cheaper, then it is what it is. fly with it.

Yes, pics would be great but you can omit the engine compartment ones. Sorry, no one really gave you any grief yet for the 350 so I felt like it was my duty. :salute:

It's great that you have found us and attach some pics for us to see (even a few of the 350). :)

Cheers!

Thanks to all who replied for the warm welcome, despite my admitance of "crossing the line" and putting a chev in a mopar. The Valiant has been in my shed for the last ten years ,as family, time and money allowed, I would do a little bit more. During this time I mocked everything up, gearbox, motor, built pipes etc etc, BUT did not take any pictures. Now that the mock up is over, I have moved the car to a friends workshop where the final assembly will take part. In essence, paint the engine bay, fit new engine, gearbox etc, get registered and drive. When I'm happy that everything is working as it should, I will strip the car and repaint. I will post some piccies of the car "leaving" home and at the workshop as these are all I have at present. I will update as the car goes together.

trying as we speak, new territory for me

hopefuly th pictures will now appear

DSCN1472.jpg

DSCN1473.jpg

DSCN1479.jpg

DSCN1480.jpg

DSCN1481.jpg

Welcome there roarz, and the pics are looking alright, as well as the car, I have a friend who has a mid 70's ford falcon left-hand drive, a bit confusing when I want to enter the passenger side and I end up at the drivers seat... although I was in the UK for 5 years.

Wow, nice car, good starting point. Even a nicer garage. Enjoy and welcome to the site.
Jim

Welcome, glad you joined us. Nice ride, just for some reason looking at your steering wheel gives me a sore neck (I can't take it - I can't take it):D

pic4.JPG

Motor 3.JPG

Glad you jumped on in.
I am hoping for a four door Valiant soon.
Hope you hang around and enjoy.

Again, thanks to everyone for the welcome. I have been hard at it, putting my Valiant back together, and have taken progress photos. I will start a new thread in the members resto section when I fit the Chev back in.
Currently I am pushing to have the car as a goer in it's current guise by the end of November, get it inspected for registration, fang around in it for a few weeks, iron out problems ( after 10 years, on & off build you think /hope there shouldn't be many!!!!"), pull apart and paint. Bet it's easier said than done.

-
Back