Hi from England

-

pete walton

Reaction score
I have been visiting the site for some time and i figured it was time i joined. I own a 67 notchback racecar that i shipped from Calf two years ago.It was raced in Calif in the seventies by a guy called Jim Smith out of Torrence Calif.Its still running in its origional paint scheme from that time.Its powered by a 440 which is just being rebuilt.Eddy heads .590 cam.tunnel ram ,what can i say i like old tech not high tech. Studded mains with a remote oil set up.Rear axle is 8 3/4 with 4.88 gears and a spool .Going for a high revving moter to try and get into the tens .This will be a nitrous free car ,old schooltech only.
Might be asking some dumb questions over the next few weeks regarding the engine so be understanding.
Tried to load a picture but it seems not to like it

from sunny England good luck and good health to all of ya

welcome to FABO pete walton! glad to have you, you will for sure learn a ton here, and most everyone on the site is very friendly and helpful. and dont worry, no question is a dumb one, you gotta learn somehow right?

Thanks glad you like it ,it will resurface with the tunnel ram and twin 650dp.The origional hemi scooped hood and all the other parts will be saved for another day,

Welcome Pete Walton. I enjoy speaking with people from other lands, 'looking forward to reading more about your old-school racer. ^_^

Welcome, that is one mean looking Barracuda you've got there! Have fun with it:cheers:

Hi,

Welcome to the site. hope you enjoy. There are lots of knowledgeable people on this site so ask all the questions you want and you will tons of answers. Enjoy!!!

Amanda

Welcome Pete - Great lookin' old-school 'cuda race car! Enjoy in 'sunny'(?) England. Don't worry - the only 'dumb' questions are the ones that are never asked. You'll find plenty of great and knowledgeable folks here on FABO.

HELLO, from sunny Long Island New York.

Welcome to a great site Pete. There are no questions or situations that this site can't help you with, Mopar that is:read2:.

Thanks for the kind words.Its carrying to much slick i know but hey thats what old Jim Smith wanted back then and i,ll go with it.The arches would be a pain to redo anyway so i will leave it as is.It launches well but the presant engine is not really making the slicks work yet but the new set up should see them start earning there keep.Trying my best to get it ready for our Mopar Nationals UK at the end of July

Hi Pete, fancy meeting you here!!!! looking forward to the nats, will you have the jim ready? we may have a little run at it see how we go!

See you on the other side.:happy10:

Mo hows it going mate, its gonna be close for the nats but fingers crossed

Just keep the head down Pete, need all the letter A-bods we can get this year, should be a real nostagia trip, and with the new race class it should be alot of fun. If i could lend a hand i would be digging in now!!!

-
Back