Hi from England

-

Gringo

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm a big Mopar fan, and have just sold a '68 Charger which I'd spent a lot of time and money on fitting a nice 440.

Although strictly speaking, it's not an A-body, I'll be picking up a '77 Aspen R/T four speed in the new year. Currently it runs a 318, but I've got a 360 I'm building over the winter, ready to fit in the spring. It'll need a bit of work as it's running a 8 1/4" rear, although it is a Sure Grip. I'm aiming to get it down the strip in the 12's, so I'll be sourcing a 8 3/4" with some 4.10's/4.56's. Planning on sticking with the four speed, so will be looking for a good clutch too.

Any advice on the new project is welcome. One problem I have is sourcing parts in the UK. Some parts are easy enough, and getting small stuff shipped from the US isn't a problem. It's the large (heavy) bits that can cause a headache.

Anyway, I look forward to chatting, and picking some your brains... :-D

Welcome aboard from this side of the big pond Gringo! There some great folks on this site willing to lend a helping hand.

John

Hello and welcome, good luck with your latest project.

hey there england have a pint for us fabo

Thanks guys, nice welcome. Will keep you posted on progress with the Aspen, but I think things will move along a bit slower than I first anticipated. I've decided to stroke to 408", as it's probably a safer bet to get the performance I'm looking for. This also means I'm going to have to ditch the four speed, as I don't think it will cope. So costs are going to stop me getting it ready for next summer. I'll run around with the old 318 until I'm ready to do the swap.

P.S. I can never stop at just one pint Gov'nor... :-D

-
Back