Hi Gang

-

SoulSurvivor

Reaction score
Alrighty then...my name is Doug Farrell and live I live in Torrance, CA(SoCal).
Just jumped back into Mopar world after 12 years. Seems I lost a bunch a brain cells since that time so I will have a lot of questions. Oh...an A body was the only option for me. I've owned the following Mopars since 1976:
1971 Challenger R/T 340 727
1970 Dart Swinger 340 727(fast)
1970 Challenger T/A 4sp
1969 Roadrunner 383 4sp
1968 Dart GTS 383 4sp(this one makes me sick just thinking about it)
1970 Cuda 340 727(last car..sold it in '96)
All my cars were really nice. The GTS was the rarest..but my 340 Swinger would whup it every time.
I just picked up a total numbers matching 1969 Dart Custom with 44,000 original miles from an old couple from Florida with the intention of building a sleeper. It sat for the last 9 years as the owners were unable to drive anymore.
It truly is a museum piece and after getting it to run perfect it is a gas to drive. Its got the 318/905 column shift. Its Tiel with a white vinyl top, white interior and working AC.
But I have a 69 date code 340(70 model year) that will be built and installed to give it the kick it sorely needs. Also have an A body 8-3/4 sitting in the garage as well.
OK...enough of my blabbering.
Cheers.
Doug

DSCN1614.jpg

Welcome! Nice car!

My dad lives in Torrance as well. We are building a 65 Belvedere. I am sure you will be seeing him at the local Rubys cruise night.

Thank You!

OldMoparsRule

Welcome to FABO Doug! That's a beautiful car and you should be rightfully proud of it.

Spent a lot of time at the beach in Torrance when I lived in SoCal. Mmmmmmmm I can still smell Torito's (??) Mexican Food on the pier LOL.

Ahh....good old El Toritos...stumbled out of that place a few times....

Welcome!! Great story line. Sounds like you've had some great mopars in your past. You've definately got a nice one now! Now where do I get one of those 318/905 combo's? I've beem looking for the 905 tranny since I heard about them. If you have any leads on one let me know:):):) Welcome!!

You know. You can punch out a 904 .001 over and up with a 905. Makes its lighter and way faster:toothy10:

Welcome!!!! That is a great A body you have there Doug.
And sounds like you have some tec help for us as we need it.
Jump on in and enjoy.

-
Back