Hi, I'm Vinny...

-

vincent brick

Reaction score
Hi my name is Vinny, I'm from Cincinnati, OH, and I'm a Mopar addict.

Oh wait, this isnt a support group is it? :)

I think it's time for me to get another A-body. I've spent the last few years driving and racing Neons, and although I really like them I need something RWD. My current project has been a '97 neon ACR, but I've had some bad luck with it. I actually own a complete turbo setup for it (good for 13s), but I've had a bunch of unrelated problems with the car and it has been taking so long to complete, I figure if I am going to have a long-term project it should be with a car I like a little better. I was runner-up in the 2004 Mopar Nats Neon bracket in this car, and it's best 1/4-mile time was 14.84 @ 93mph with just basic bolt-ons.

I had a slant-6/auto '73 Plymouth Scamp as a teenager (I'm 28 now), and I always loved it. Ever since I got rid of it A-bodies have been basically my dream car.

I grew up around street/drag racing and Mopars, my Dad has an original '69 Hemi Road Runner and a restored and built 440/pushbutton '64 Fury. I attended my first Mopar Nats in 1988 at the ripe age of 10.

Sorry for the novel, but I very well might become a regular here.

Here's some pics of my Mopars if anyone would like to see them...

'97 ACR
000_0552sm.jpg

@ the Mopar Nats
1098_small.jpg

autocrossing in the '98 Neon highline
DSCN0201.jpg

000_0552sm.jpg

DSCN0201.jpg

000_0552sm.jpg

1098_small.jpg

DSCN0201.jpg

Welcome to the site. You definitely grew up around the right stuff. Hope you find that A body project soon.

Vinny, Welcome!!! It sounds like you need to find a nice A-Body with a
"leaning tower of power" and add a turbo to make it go. Good luck!
toolmanmike

Thanks for the warm welcome guys!

I've often considered a turbo /6, and as cool as that would be it seems that a small block would have better bang/buck. Maybe a eventually a turbo small block could be a possibility, either way I plan on using some sort of modern stand-alone engine management.

I still have to figure out what is going on with the Neon and get it parted-out/sold, then I can really start shopping. Until then I'll be spending time here and on ebay dreaming of my next car. :)

Welcome to a second generation Mopar fan! It` sounds like your dad has had a bit of an influence on you.( GO DAD!) Good luck finding a nice A-body up there in Ohio, most of them seem to have rust issues. You may try somewhere west and south of the Mississippi. Keep us posted!

Hey Vinny! LOL at the opening lines. Yes, this is a support group, but not on quiting. If you try to quit, we drag you back in. Like, a cross between the Mob and herion users.
Welcome to the fold. (Followed by evil laffter.)

-
Back