Hi people im new here just need a bit of help

-
by the way i have a super six setup that never made it on to the car cuz the motor went and headers but they go to a truck with a six

Don't feel bad, I am also a member of the "thought the truck headers would work in a car" club. I just kept them because someday I will need them damn it! LOL

yup i was pist when they didnt fit and i dont know how to weld so i cant fab them myself

I promised a good /6 head (still on the motor) to another member. I will check with him to see if he still wants it. If not, you can come over and pull it. The bottom end is ok, correct?

BTW: Welcome to FABO!

so a new head would be fine i dont need to redo the block

duster parts 033.jpg

Wow, you've made a great impression in your first post! Pictures, a good question, lots of feedback, and the best part: An open mind when your original idea proved to need some work. :-D You're gonna fit in jes' fine around here.

Welcome to the best Mopar site on the net 69WWS! You're well on your way to a running car again soon.

One thing to keep in mind is that you will kill the resale value of that dart with a chevy motor in it. Take the advice of some of the guys here and fix the slant or find a nice 318/904 combo out there. Hell 318's are cheap cheap.

i agree with alot of people and do a search for slant 6's, I'm here on the east coast and when I was redoing my 318 there were people out here taking out their slant 6's and putting big blocks and were giving their engines away. you'll prob be looking at like $50-200 tops for a running slant 6. Heck once and awhile I saw them for free. then put the super six addition on that and you've got yourself a good lil car. Just look around and weigh your options

Hey welcome to FABO! glad you veered away from the sbc I've only had one I liked. If you were closer to socal I'd recomend bill & ed's auto wrecking in Fontana they are a mopar only salvage yard and they are tight knit with other local yards. If I were you I would consider going down to your local scrap yard and see what they would trade for your running truck. Can't hurt to ask and you may end up with a donor car or complete drive train carb to diff but you never know unless you throw it out there!

Welcome to FABO! Look around for another S/6. They can be had for free a lot of the times. I gave two away. If I had another one I would give it to you too. But I don't. Good luck to you on your build.

thank you guys i appreciate all the help, if any of you are close to concord California and got any or know of any sixes just message me

hi i've got a 1969 western sport special dart and dont know where to post my question for a motor swap, its stock with a slant 6 and want to put a 350 sbc in it

Welcome to FABO! Not much help with the hybrid, but someone here will help! Good Luck!8)

75-86.jpg

75-87.jpg

-
Back