Hi people im new here just need a bit of help

-

69wssdart

Reaction score
hi i've got a 1969 western sport special dart and dont know where to post my question for a motor swap, its stock with a slant 6 and want to put a 350 sbc in it

wecome to FABO.....here we go again with the SBC.....

Your not going to get much help and you'll get jeers a plenty for the small block Chevy into the Mopar.
In all honestly, I don't know if "Big Dummy" is still around. He did a Mopar into a SB Mopar into a Camaro. So he could have a quick tip on the reverse.

Welcome aboard anyways.

the reason why is the six is blown up and i have a 1972 gmc ready for the scrap yard and the 350 sb is still good. i just want to drive my dart again and i dont have the money for a new motor. trust me i want a mopar motor in but im stuck with a chevy on my budget

Well, that is what hot rodden is all about.

Seriously, look up the name "Big Dummy" and see if you can reach him. IF not, PM back and I'll try another way.

Where are you located?

heres the car

duster parts 032.jpg

m_be3082985dc8da7bd6e70df7ba9afb7c.jpg

l_5b915d49e93948079d33c02e34067da9.jpg

I was thinking....maybe a member close by knows someone or they themselfs could help this guy out in a Motor trade...have a running engine layin around doing nothin...but collecting dust....

Seriously, look up the name "Big Dummy" and see if you can reach him. IF not, PM back and I'll try another way.

Where are you located?

im in california how do i look up the name

click search up top in the shaded bar and on the left when the search comes up, theres a box with "Users name" to be put into it. It'll list the users posts, find the screen name and click it for his info.

i didnt find him, its almost summer and i want to drive this thing, i wish i wasnt so hard on the motor lol

come on man stick with a mopar. if my 318 wasnt knockin i would sell it to you cheap

If you have a welder and the know how to build motor mounts it wouldn't take very long at all to drop in a sbc. The biggest cost would be having the driveshaft built. I would say do it and piss off all the purists! Or you could just throw an ad on craigs list offering the truck or sbc for trade for a running slant six.

Post an ad on this website looking for a good slant 6 in your area. You should also try www.slantsix.org there are a ton of slant guys in Cali.

sell the chevy and buy another slant six to put in it... that would be the cheapest and fastest way to get it running. Changing to the 350, you'll have a lot more into it than just the free engine. (exhaust, trans, all the mounts, driveline, larger radiator, etc)... you will have a lot of that with a Mopar V-8 also except there are way more people who have put a Mopar V-8 into them! (not to mention a lot more people willing to help you do that!!)

i wont make sh*t off the truck shes nothing but frame, motor and beat to hell body panels

whats wrong with the /6? someone here may have the parts to get you running again without a swap, unless theres a hole in the block or something.

I believe you are in my area because your photo looks like it is at Ohlone. If you want, PM me your number and I will give you a call tomorrow. One of the locals should have a good running /6. Don't kid yourself, you are going to have time and money into swapping the SBC in (fabricating mounts, revised driveshaft, linkage, etc.). Putting another /6 in there will be the quick fix if you want it up and running soon.

Where are you located?

whats wrong with the /6? someone here may have the parts to get you running again without a swap, unless theres a hole in the block or something.

well the heads got 5 burnt exhaust valves and 2 burnt in take valves. i do have a 60 over s6 but needs a head and all the externals bottom end is rebuilt and from the sounds of it i might as well finish it cuz the chevy swap will cost more and not be a quick fix like i thought.

A running 350 and tranny is still worth at least $250 and guys give away running slants and trannys all the time. By the looks of the truck that grill is in pretty good shape and you could squeeze 20-30 bucks out of it, the bumper looks ok , maybe another 20 bucks there, throw a parting out ad on CL or try to sell the whole truck for 400 bucks and find a running slant.

i wont make sh*t off the truck shes nothing but frame, motor and beat to hell body panels

Even scrap will net you around $130-$150 but I am sure if you listed it on Craigslist, you may get double that if not more. I do not know what condition it is in but from your description, it isn't that hot (although the frontend looks pretty good).

-
Back