Hi-Po exhaust

-

Tadams

Tadams
Reaction score
I've been reading the post on the exhaust and would really like to have the Hi-Po single exhaust on my 65 Formula S. The car has duals that are homemade. The right side has a curve that goes under the cross member. Also with the rear valance is cut to accept the resonator on the left side and it would look better.
My question is have any of you purchased the systems that are avaliable and are you happy with the product and service?
I really don't know why it cost so much and wish there were a cheaper way, but if you want it done right I guess you just have to put out the $895 or whatever.
Thanks for your feedback

If you have duals I would not change till you need to. The HI-PO exhaust is simply a 2 1/4 pipe all the way back with 2 staight through mufflers, one before the axle and one behind it. It should be relatively easy for a custom shop to make up.

Thanks, The real reason I don't like the duals is someone made the pipe to curve under the crossmember. Maybe its just me, I just like the Hi Po.

Thanks River Rat
Prices are much better there. Are you using a resonator on yours? The Formula S has a cut out on the rear valance for one which is one reason I wanted to change mine. Also did you order a stock muffler or performance muffler?
Thanks for your help

If you have duals I would not change till you need to. The HI-PO exhaust is simply a 2 1/4 pipe all the way back with 2 staight through mufflers, one before the axle and one behind it. It should be relatively easy for a custom shop to make up.

The Hi-Po exhaust is a larger diameter crossover into a 2 1/2" intermediate pipe. The muffler is a low restriction Hemi style muffler with a 2 1/4" over axle pipe into a straight through resonator with a chrome (or stainless) tip. I got mine from Accurate LTD. It fit perfect and looks and sounds great and is as correct as you can get unless you have NOS parts. toolmanmike

Here's a short video of mine. tmm

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v555B5_uBJ4"]HP273- Isky E4- Accurate LTD exhaust - YouTube[/ame]

Thanks Mike. That sounds great. I am trying to save a buck, but you get what you pay for.

-
Back