Hi there I m new to the forum Michel is the name and I m from the Netherlands Restoring a Dodge Dart 1965

-
Ben zelf van huis uit brabander, dus limburg zit wel goed
(Heb geloof ik nog familie net buiten maastricht)

De bedrading kan echt een nachtmerrie zijn, zeker na 60 jaar en wie weet hoeveel verschillende eigenaren die natuurlijk allemaal knutselaar zijn

Wat ben je van plan om de kick down op te lossen?
Er zijn een aantal bedrijven die kabels maken in de plaats van de origenele stangen
Die vind ik zelf net iets makkelijker, maar het oogt natuurlijk niet helemaal origineel
Zou graag de originele stang voor een 318cui willen hebben van schutbord af naar carburateur maar heb wel al een kabel van lokar liggen, zeggen alleen dat t afstellen niet zo makkelijk is....

Having trouble with the Lokar kickdown linkage on the 318?. Others would like to help too.

Having trouble with the Lokar kickdown linkage on the 318?. Others would like to help too.
Yes I do not know how to connect them to the Th904 automatic......but first I want to make the car running again, some electrical gremlins, put in a new harness from ez wiring....

Look at the serial number tag in the door jamb. If it's the same as ours, it's a 66. But like I said, they do it differently in other countries. So who knows? But that would be a 66 "here".

Still a cool car anywhere. lol
yes !

Michel, It will be worth the effort to identify the model year, whether it was a US, Canadian, or Export build, and then figure out changes made after production.

A '66 has different wire connections, different automatic transmission linkage, and a Canadian build had different electric.

Some quick Identification pics
1965 bulkhead connector has the power feeds connected with ring terminals
1712510247204.png

1966 will have 3 connectors with push-on terminals, no ring terminals.
1712510207542.png

Canadian Starter

I have no idea what comes with an 'EZ' harness but from what I read here about EZ and Painless and similar harnesses they are not simple or easy to build. You may wish to use the kit to repair and 'rebuild' the existing harnesses. The factory had three main harnesses: Engine compartment, Instrument, body. The windshield wiper motor in the engine bay was also seperate (usually).

I learned the hard way, bought a hard copy at classic car wiring for a 65 Dart, but some connections were different, so U found out that the wiring is of a 66, have a 3 connector push pin connector have no tag in door jamb.....wiring gives me problems due there goes light brake and turn through the wiring, here in Europe has every function a different wire so it makes it hard to understand....I know how to weld en do mechanical stuff but very basic wiring

New cars are wired differently than old cars and trucks.
The wiring diagram in the Plymouth or Dodge Chassis Service Manual is pretty complete and accurate - although some years better than others.
www.mymopar.com has a digitial copies for '66 which you can download.

Yes a single circuit can have a several device on it. This simplified the wiring layout and construction of the harness.

The car has two power sources; battery and alternator.
Each has a wire that connects to the main circuits at a welded splice.
The splice is hidden in the harness but its important to understanding the system. Power is fed to the splice and then to one of three main cicuits.
1. Fuses that are always hot. (wire Q3)
2. Headlight switch for headlights (wire L1)
3. Key switch. (wire J1)
1712531936463.png

Power to the horn is an exception. In '66 its connected at the starter relay.

When engine is running power comes from the alternator.
When the engine is starting, or any time the alternator is not running, power comes from the battery.

The car has two power sources; battery and alternator.
Each has a wire that connects to the main circuits at a welded splice.
The splice is hidden in the harness but its important to understanding the system. Power is fed to the splice and then to one of three main cicuits.
1. Fuses that are always hot. (wire Q3)
2. Headlight switch for headlights (wire L1)
3. Key switch. (wire J1)
View attachment 1716233192
Power to the horn is an exception. In '66 its connected at the starter relay.

When engine is running power comes from the alternator.
When the engine is starting, or any time the alternator is not running, power comes from the battery.

Now it is me a bit more clear how the system works, but I have no regulator or ballast in my car...Also I do not use Amp meter.....bought it as is and worked till I started wiring. Thx I'll try to fix some electrical issues this way

-
Back