Hi, Tom New Member from Bastrop, Texas

-

dusdem

Reaction score
Hi, I have just purchased a 1973 Plymouth Valiant all restored. I will be picking it up in 3 weeks. It is in Pittsburgh. Pennsylvania and I will be driving it back here to Texas. Computer won't let me post pictures will send later on. I want to put on American racing wheels. Can anyone help with what size I need ? Thanks, Tom

7.jpg

10.jpg

19.jpg

42.jpg

58.jpg

66.jpg

Welcome from Fredericksburg, VA. Does your Valiant have the small or big bolt pattern? Wheel sizes will be dependent on what you are looking for and what you intend to do with the car.

Hi Tom, welcome to the site. I'm in North Carolina, but have been to Bastrop many times. I had a couple of customers who had antique shops there many years ago. Really miss coming out your way. Another beautiful part of this great nation we can call home

Hi Tom, welcome to FABO. That sounds like a cool road trip you have planned.

Welcome to FABO Tom!!

Put some search words like "tire size" in the search bar and see what comes up. There has been a lot of discussions on here...some with pictures!

It will be a fantastic trip!! Take lots of pictures of your car along the way.

I can't wait to do that with my car one day.

Hi, I have just purchased a 1973 Plymouth Valiant all restored. I will be picking it up in 3 weeks. It is in Pittsburgh. Pennsylvania and I will be driving it back here to Texas. Computer won't let me post pictures will send later on. I want to put on American racing wheels. Can anyone help with what size I need ? Thanks, Tom
hi - welcome to the fray - a 73 huh? very likely 15's (probably has 14's on it right now)-though I guess it really depends on the look you are going for.. call American Racing - they'll hook you up - or SummitRacing, Jegs, Speedway... you'll very likely have the 5 x 4.5 bolt pattern on there -

Last edited:

Since Bastrop isn't too big I just thought I would ask if you know Jeff Harris, Mustang guy...

hi - welcome to the fray - a 73 huh? very likely 15's (probably has 14's on it right now)-though I guess it really depends on the look you are going for.. call American Racing - they'll hook you up - or SummitRacing, Jegs, Speedway... you'll very likely have the 5 x 4.5 bolt pattern on there -
Thanks for the info. I will call them

Welcome aboard,
regarding the wheels, I think I would wait until you have the car.
It could have small bolt pattern (SBP) or big bolt pattern. Do you know if it has disc brakes on the front? If it does, it is likely big bolt. But you would not want to buy a set of wheels without knowing for sure which you have.
C

Welcome from someone just up the road in Leander

Welcome from Fredericksburg, VA. Does your Valiant have the small or big bolt pattern? Wheel sizes will be dependent on what you are looking for and what you intend to do with the car.
I think it is the small pattern. I won't have the car until the 25th.

I just did post pictures. As you can see its all stock original. It won't be after I get it. I plan on changing the rims, and adding headers to make it louder. What type will fit a 318? I will also be adding loud mufflers too. I want this car to rock !!

Welcome aboard! Man that is one great looking clean car. Enjoy the road trip. Looks like it'll make it no problem.

-
Back