High quality Swiss made A - Bodies

-
Does anyone know where I may have a reproduction "automontage schinznach AG" tag made for my car? Mine is in poor condition.

in the german mopar forum user rikuma has made and post a emty one. an letter "n" is missing on the Picture to avoid abuse...he photoshoped it.
34154038bm.jpg

here a link to the post:
MOPAR FORUM GERMANY - Anmelden

My last name is German but I cant read or speak it. Anyone want to be a broker to get a few of these in the states?

I remember i measured my Sticker for someone. I forgot who it was.
But he made reproduction Decals "Automontage Schinznach" for the rear screen as a correct copy.
Damn...who was it.... Marvin do you know?

EDIT....
On Page 4 is everything cleared... Lord of Frisco was it :)

I remember i measured my Sticker for someone. I forgot who it was.
But he made reproduction Decals "Automontage Schinznach" for the rear screen as a correct copy.
Damn...who was it.... Marvin do you know?

EDIT....
On Page 4 is everything cleared... Lord of Frisco was it :)

Hallo Tom,

es geht nicht um den rear-window sticker, den haben wir - dank Deiner Maßangaben - schon nachproduziert - und auch an zwei FABO member verschickt; es geht um die Schinznach Plakette:

34154038bm-jpg.jpg

Die hat 'rikuma' mal im forum vorgestellt und AMAG OWNER könnte die brauchen - wir haben 'rikuma' allerdings nicht erreicht...

Hallo Tom,

es geht nicht um den rear-window sticker, den haben wir - dank Deiner Maßangaben - schon nachproduziert - und auch an zwei FABO member verschickt; es geht um die Schinznach Plakette:

View attachment 1715692356

Die hat 'rikuma' mal im forum vorgestellt und AMAG OWNER könnte die brauchen - wir haben 'rikuma' allerdings nicht erreicht...

Ah ok.
I was looking for a Certicard for mine. But i think hat is disapeared long time ago.

Marvin, is there anyone making those metal plates? I would like a new one for mine when I restore it.

Marvin, is there anyone making those metal plates? I would like a new one for mine when I restore it.

I don't know - I tried to contact a member of the German forum, who posted the picture above - but no chance...
If I can get new information about 'Repro-Plates', I willl post it here.

WoW, what an awesome thread indeed!

This has brought a tear to my eye as the father of a good friend of mine was a foreman at Chrysler Rootes London UK.
When we left school in 1972 he went work there as an apprentice and I did mine in a small engineering shop in Wimbledon.
The writing was 'on the wall' for the London site 'to close' and he left there 'quickly' and became a draughtsman instead.

The point being, why did Chrysler not give the UK the job of assembling Dusters, Darts and Valiants in the early 70's?
To think I could have had a job assembling UK Mopars 'as an apprentice' would have been truly awesome indeed...:drama:

We have two new European Mopar hero's!

Marvellous Marvin and Awesome Arthur Blank!!!

God bless you both for all your wonderful work on EuroMopes...:thankyou:

Awesome Arthur!.jpg

I must admit to a dark past in my early (non Mopar) life!

I once drove a MK2 Zephyr around Brands Hatch UK 1978 and won a trophy...:wtf:
ps, not my car, I loaned if for the day...:steering:

Mk2 Zephyr.jpg

I just read about Chrysler UK and its problems when they took over Rootes.

They hated the Hillman Imp, said it was total POO and Lee Laccoca thought us Brits were a bunch of LOSERS!
I guess that's why they went to the makers of watches and cuckoo clocks???

What do us Brits know about making cars...:mob:
How could you NOT like a Tiger (in your tank)

Tiger.jpg

I just read about Chrysler UK and its problems when they took over Rootes.

They hated the Hillman Imp, said it was total POO and Lee Laccoca thought us Brits were a bunch of LOSERS!
I guess that's why they went to the makers of watches and cuckoo clocks???

What do us brits know about making cars...:mob:

Mopar Schinznach is a different story:

AMAG was a Car Import Company (for different brands), which tried to avoid the high taxes/toll in Switzerland. They bought an abandoned - after WWII -cement factory in the late 40s and adapted this plant for car production/assembling.

So they made contracts with different car producers, to assemble their cars in Switzerland.

They started with Plymouth and Volkswagen in the 40s, but they built also Standard Vanguard, Studebaker and different Chrysler models up to 1972.

They focussed on cars, which they thought to sell easily in Switzerland - and it worked very well for some decades.

But AMAG Schinznach was never a Chrysler plant.

GM had also a plant in Switzerland, but this was a real GM plant:

uHLlrVvng_WCstDUJIvByf3IrtcPs0z5K29Fdvc-g1Wx8YuciKhoUS-LvNiGE2usNICp1I7JxN6vWVZ4tDJgqcFCUbxmyMXc.jpg

Well explained Marvin,

In 1972 I started my apprenticeship also in the cement Industry!
Making parts for Concrete Vibrators...:poke::realcrazy:

Its an embarrassing time of my life explaining what 'I did' for WORK, to Girlfriends and future Wives!

concrete-vibrator.jpg

vbs.jpg

How much more exciting my younger life would have been telling Girls, I was a Mopar Mechanic...:rofl:

Mopar Mech.jpg

I've got the information You're looking for - and it is very interesting:

Swiss-made Barracudas 1967 - 1969:

1967: 273 - 2bbl and 273 - 4 bbl, no slant sixes.
1968: 273 - 2 bbl and 340s
1969: 273 - 2 bbl and 340s

Obviously 273 engines leftovers were still sent to Schinznach in 68 and 69; the engines were still painted red. There were no 318s offered in swiss Barracudas. Nearly all Barracudas were fastbacks, but there are few notchbacks (only with 273 c.i.) known. Convertibles were imported - not swiss made - but sold by AMAG; these convertibles got the US-motorization: 225 c.i., 318 c.i. and 340 c.i. Only one big block Barracuda is known and this was a modified race car:

View attachment 1715173822

Most of the swiss Barracudas in 68 and 69 seemed to be 340 - Fastbacks. I think they outnumbered the 273 c.i. Barracudas by 4 to 1. I believe they built in these 2 years about 130 - 150 Barracudas equipped with the 340 in Schinznach - therefore the fame of the 340 is still big in Switzerland - nearly every even lesser car enthusiast knows this engine. But exact numbers broken down to motorization are not available; same story as with my Demon; also concerning the leftover engine story.

Hi, looks like my car is one of them...
I'm from Italy, I have the car since 2012.
I’d really like to know more about my 1968 Barracuda. I know it’s an Euro Import Version, assembled in Switzerland (Automontage Schinznach) and imported by SIMCA. It is a ‘68 model year but with a matching number 273 V8 2bbl, that it wasn’t available anymore in the US for that year, but looks like it was for Europe. It has an original speedometer in KM/H. These in the pics are the only tags that can be found in the engine compartment (LH Fender)... no Door tag and no other fender tags since I have it (2012)... so I can’t get any other informations.
If you can help discovering more about these Euro Import versions and about my car in particular thanks a lot!

img-4982-jpg.jpg

img-6534-jpg.jpg

img-9431-jpg.jpg

Yes, because the Swiss cars had different bucket seats by the now well known company RECARO.
These were sport buckets with headrests, completely different to the US stratobuckets.
Mmm... I'd like to see how they were on my 68 Barracuda, cause I've just ordered bucket seats from the US, cause on mine have been installed seats from a 77 Pontiac Firebird at a certain point.
The rest is all deluxe interiors (rear seats, door panels....)

Last edited:
Very nice car...and it is according to the few informations I have about the 2nd Gen Swiss-Barracudas:

Obviously 273 engines leftovers were still sent to Schinznach in 68 and 69; the engines were still painted red. There were no 318s offered in swiss Barracudas. Nearly all Barracudas were fastbacks, but there are few notchbacks (only with 273 c.i.) known. Convertibles were imported - not swiss made - but sold by AMAG; these convertibles got the US-motorization: 225 c.i., 318 c.i. and 340 c.i. Only one big block Barracuda is known and this was a modified race car:

The way to SIMCA France is interesting, but I have also seen a Schinznach-Dart, which went to Spain - as 3700 GT.

file.jpg

Only 72 Barracudas were assembled in Schinznach in 1968 and most of them were Fastbacks - Your car is extremely rare - it was not imported to Europe, it was built in Switzerland and then exported to France..

A very, very informative thread in the German Mopar Forum about Schinznach Cars and Numbers:

https://www.mopar-forum.eu/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=67315

Very nice car...and it is according to the few informations I have about the 2nd Gen Swiss-Barracudas:

The way to SIMCA France is interesting, but I have also seen a Schinznach-Dart, which went to Spain - as 3700 GT.

View attachment 1715704384

Only 72 Barracudas were assembled in Schinznach in 1968 and most of them were Fastbacks - Your car is extremely rare - it was not imported to Europe, it was built in Switzerland and then exported to France..

A very, very informative thread in the German Mopar Forum about Schinznach Cars and Numbers:

https://www.mopar-forum.eu/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=67315

I’m not sure if this car ever been in France, when it was imported in Italy in 1978 from what I see on the car documents the licence plate was from Zurich (CH) Switzerland

-
Back