high temp. low oil pressure, crap gauges

-

wickduster

Reaction score
Im getting burned out on my new to me 74 duster. Has a 360, new crate says previous owner. Anyway. I put in a 160 stat cause the 195 stat was stressing me out at stop lights and she will get to the 215~220 range. Now she still gets in the 190~200 range and it still stresses me. i think my main heat spike is coming from low oil pressure at idle I run a synthetic blend 5~30. And I currently have the equux some oriely off brand gauges in. I have these gauges in the past and they did not read right for me then either. Any help would be awesome:banghead:

Not a chance. 200 IS NOT hot, and as long as it doesn't puke out the cap, I would not worry all that much

And..............how do you know the gauge is correct?

whats your "low" oil pressure reading? i would never use a 5/30 oil in my V8s. my engines run 210-220 all day long .

I don't even let my electric cooling turn on till it hits 210.
Fan comes on at 210 and turns off at 190.

Not a chance. 200 IS NOT hot, and as long as it doesn't puke out the cap, I would not worry all that much

And..............how do you know the gauge is correct?

whats your "low" oil pressure reading? i would never use a 5/30 oil in my V8s. my engines run 210-220 all day long .

Nothing is puking out of the radiator, and my oil pressure at idle is 15ish psi @ temp. I don't know if the gauges are reading right. But I do want to run a different oil blend- what would be a great or better blend being that I live in Utah which this Duster is a highway and almost daily driver.:prayer:

I don't like the idea of 5-30 in these old engines.

Xs2, an already thin oil then it gets hot. i use good old 10/40 pure synthetic in every V8 i have. i live in colorado and i drive my duster every day, including sitting in traffic for what seems like days. as long as you have over 10 lbs of pressure for every 1000 rpms, you are doing fine. i know you are expecting more for a new engine, there have been a few threads lately about folks with "low" oil pressure coming out these crate engines...

Xs2, an already thin oil then it gets hot. i use good old 10/40 pure synthetic in every V8 i have. i live in colorado and i drive my duster every day, including sitting in traffic for what seems like days. as long as you have over 10 lbs of pressure for every 1000 rpms, you are doing fine. i know you are expecting more for a new engine, there have been a few threads lately about folks with "low" oil pressure coming out these crate engines...

Sweet :burnout: I'll give it a go:prayer:

-
Back