Hijack my thread...

-

65_valiant

Reaction score
I just need to vent, not that most really care. But when someone goes thru the trouble to create a new thread about something they need information for, it bugs the ever living SHITAKI out of me when another member posts saying something like, "I don't mean to hijack your thread, but....." and goes on to ask something of their own. Don't say you dont mean to do something, when you out right plan on doing it.It's kind of like when people say with all due respect and follow it up with something blatantly disrespectful. "With all due respect, you're a friggin idiot..." Like I said, just a vent. Take it with a grain of salt.

offtopic.gif
i cant frickin believe the price of transmission fluid

hijacked.gif
naka.gif

I dont pay no attention to who does it, I just skip over that post in the thread when I come across it. Just having another Monday and it's better to vent here to folks that can read and move along if they dont have any interest in reading whats written, than to vent at work and have a few thin skinned pompous pricks go hollerin to HR.... Oh happy dayys.

I dont pay no attention to who does it, I just skip over that post in the thread when I come across it. Just having another Monday and it's better to vent here to folks that can read and move along if they dont have any interest in reading whats written, than to vent at work and have a few thin skinned pompous pricks go hollerin to HR.... Oh happy dayys.
LOL i was just kidding man. but i have done it in the past just to add more information

I just did that... it was on topic, yes, a hijack but a question based on the OP's topic. I by no means would describe myself as an idiot, but you're welcome to your opinion.

By posting an on topic question as an adendum to the OP's, others who may have a similar querry may benefit from the consensus of our community here.

I just did that... it was on topic, yes, a hijack but a question based on the OP's topic. I by no means would describe myself as an idiot, but you're welcome to your opinion.

By posting an on topic question as an adendum to the OP's, others who may have a similar querry may benefit from the consensus of our community here.

Exactly right, I would not consider that type of situation a hijack. Some folks I guess think that when they start a thread it is all theirs. If someone else has a similar problem it can benefit both parties and it also condenses the topic to one thread.

It certainly would be inappropriate to jump into someone else's thread and change the course, so to speak. :mrgreen:

I agree... Thread hijacking sucks...

Still, it's not much worse than my Duster! Anybody got any idea why she smokes and stinks and runs like hell?

;)

- CK

It can be frustrating, but others may benefit as long as the hijack/addendum are related to your question(Im guilty as well). Take a look at the amount of new threads that start up because people dont use the search feature. Del is going for his CDL by the way! Good luck Del, at least yer gonna get to motorboat!!

It can be frustrating, but others may benefit as long as the hijack/addendum are related to your question(Im guilty as well). Take a look at the amount of new threads that start up because people dont use the search feature. Del is going for his CDL by the way! Good luck Del, at least yer gonna get to motorboat!!

Where did Macho man Randy go? Oops (Hijack).
I think it is good as long it is on subject, as people chime in and carrys
the thread longer and more info as a result, (Number five is alive more
input Stefeny ). Saying " Don't mean to hijack your thread" is trying to
be polite. No?

Darryl

Yep, spring has sprung.
My winter project isn't complete either.

I love Cheetos and adult movies!

I'm sure I have been guilty of it, but do kinda agree with some of the others. If its somewhat on topic and doesnt go off on that tangent then Im ok if someone answers quickly and it goes back to the subject. It really only bothers me when it gets taken that entirely other direction!

Lol, I guess I can see how some of you have mistaken what I meant. Asking a question about a problem that you're having that relates to the original topic isn't an issue, or really hijacking IMO. I was more talking about a thread that starts about an engine issue that then someone steers into a rear end problem before the original problem is even close to solved.

I think a couple of us agreed on that.

But at least you gave us some entertainment for the day.

I agree... Thread hijacking sucks...

Still, it's not much worse than my Duster! Anybody got any idea why she smokes and stinks and runs like hell?

;)
Are you talking about your Duster or Saetun's avatar?

OP.
On the positive side, some might view any attention as better than being ignored.

Is it still ok that I like Cheeetos and Adult Movies?

As long as the two dont go "hand in hand"...so to speak!!!

Oops, forgot to appologize in advance!!!

I agree with the OP that it can get irritating when someone derails the thread, or better yet uses someones for sale thread to offer up their own parts!! Not cool!!

Sorry to hijack this thread!! Oops, did it again!!! Must be me!!ARRGHHH! Geof

-
Back