Hillbilly engineering...

-
how bout runnin ya 12 valve cummins off USED ATF? get it free from local garage, strain it thru paint strainer.
have a mopar buddy that does this. YES he is a genuine Missouri hillbilly . or maybe a ridgerunner???? LOL

Seen years ago painted on the deck lid of a VERY nice race car:

Sponsored by Backyard Engineering:
Measure it with a yardstick
Mark it with chalk
Cut it off with a torch

Dad had a gutter business for years....at one point he had 3 trucks going with machines and one empty one for picking up supplies. He and I were at his supplier, about 50 miles from our shop. Came out of the office to a green puddle. He asked me for my knife and picked up chunk of wood out of the back of the truck. He widdled it to a point, picked up a rock and jammed it into the leaky tube. It stuck out of the grill a few inches. Stayed that way for several years....

My Dad had a used 72 Charger in the early 80s when I was a kid. Dent in every body pannel. The driver seat was broken and would lean way back against the back seat. He put a milk crate in the back seat to hold a piece of pipe against the back of the drivers seat to hold it up. Years later we laughed about it.We joked that if he had been hit from behind hard enough that pipe wouldve been launched through his chest. He had a wife, three kids and didnt make a lot of money. He did what he had to and sacrificed to take care of us. Glad I got his love for Mopars!

When I had an 84 Ram 4x4 pick up for a daily driver, the high idle didn't work. Instead of sitting in the truck for 20 minutes in the middle of winter while the thing warmed up enough to idle, I put the window scraper between the tilt steering column and the gas pedal. I adjusted the tilt down until it was running at the RPM I wanted.

Canadian redneck genius!

Cley

A twist on the shoestring wipers: 'bout twenty years ago my daily driver was a 75 Newport. Anybody remember the big, prolly inch or more diameter, wiper bushing on the back of the wiper motor on some mid 70s Mopars? It had one of those, which of course broke. Dealer couldn't get, local yard didn't have, and I needed wheels. Soooo, old fashioned hardware store screen door spring, hooked to passenger wiper at one end and the antenna on the other, and a length of rawhide boot lace tied to driver wiper and in the window. Made pretty efficient one handed manual wipers!!

Anybody here ever drive something that had one (or more) doors tied shut with the seatbelt? Lol, been there.

How about unbolting the decklid off your driver and going twenty miles to haul home a fridge? Redneck pickemup.

Back about 1990 I had a Dart Sport that had the shackle bracket rusted off on the driver side. Previous owner bolted an old blade from a push mower in the trunk to keep the spring from poking up through. Worked, but wow!?!?

I saw a guy bring an Intrepid into a local shop for a safety inspection one day. It had been sideswiped and had the doors torn loose from the hinges. He had fastened them back on by taking WOOD screws and screwing them in the lip all around the opening. It did not pass, and he could not understand why.

if you have a headlight out (old style...) just make a fist and hit it with butt of your hand. 9 times out of 10 the headlight will come on. works until you can get someplace to get a new one

dont try this with halogens and the other new stuff lol

took a broken out driver door window and put in 1/4 inch lexan cut to fit and there it was, no damned plastic whippin in the wind and I COULD SEE OUT OF IT. happen in the middle of January, and in New England thats not a time to be trompin around a yard to remove a freakin window no matter how much clothes you've got on....

Sold the car like that for junk it was a well beat up Oldsmobile....Culass '89 model year....Was a "loaded" car tho, power EVERYTHING, with a 3.8 W-30 package, went pretty good, I have ta say!

-
Back