Hip Replacement Surgery

-

dustertogo

Reaction score
Well, it's finally that time. I'm scheduled for right hip replacement surgery on Tuesday. Anybody here had this done? Wish I could say I wasn't nervous, but I can't. Just don't know what to expect and how to deal with it. I'm not looking forward to this, but I'm tired of not being able to walk.

My wife had a total hip about a year and a half ago. All went very well. She went to in patient rehab for about ten days. The way to go if you can. The pain was much less than she had planned for. DO YOUR REHAB NO MATTER IF IT HURTS!!!! Also know we are all pulling for you.
Mike

My dad had both of his done & the biggest thing is doing the exercises & the therapy. I heard of people that didn't & they are worse off. My dad gets around really good. Good luck

I had knee replacement a year ago and was in therapy with people who had hip replacement that said as long as you do the therapy as prescribed it's actually not terrible.Good Luck.

its miserable as hell just don't stop walking when the doc says its time to get up on it , keep the mind over matter of pain out of your head and walk just don't over do it also.nothing else on earth matters but walking thru hell to get rid of the pain right now ,get a walking machine where do you live I have 1 I would give to some 1 in need just pay shipping the whole deal is listen to the therapist ,take a bullet to bight on and think your ROCKY IN THE END " eye of the tiger" wish you the best , keep your eye on the prize ,to hope fully walk with miminal pain again YOU CAN DO IT it might take 6 months but look how fast 50 years goes by good luck and GOD BLESS YOU

Good luck with your surgery. I have had both of mine done, the second one 7 weeks ago. You will be glad you had it once you can get up and walk around. The therapy and exercises are key to a faster recovery. I was walking with no canes after 6 weeks. The hardest part that I found was the lying around all the time.

One of my model railroading friends had a hip replacement several years ago. I ain't gonna sugar coat it. It took a WHILE for him to really get mobile again without discomfort, but now he is doing better than he's ever done.

Surgery is done and I'm back home. Pain has not been too bad, mostly sore...like I've been kicked by a mule! Getting around pretty good on a walker and just taking it slow and easy.

Glad to hear you are home and on the mend Robert, I bet just getting back home was a big relief..Doctor let you walk some on the walker already ?
Therapy is on your list to start soon ?

Hip Replacement? So the doctors told you you're not hip anymore???

Best wishes for a quick recovery. :thumbup:

Just moving around on the walker and doing the exercises the therapist wants me to do. They're coming to the house three times a week. And yeah Frankie, Dr. said I just wasn't hip anymore!

Saying a prayer for you for a complete recovery, glad you got your wore-out parts replaced.

Hi; Good to hear your home and feeling ok. I found after the first 3 weeks you will begin to see big improvements! Take care and don't forget those exercises. Rob

It's amazing how quickly you are up and around after surgery.

My mother had hip replacement one year ago, she was up and walking that afternoon. She'll be 77 this week and gets around better now than she has in the last 10-12 years. Used to complain about how she hurt all the time. Got the hip replaced and the pain complaints have minimized.

Something that you may want to look at until you get fully recovered is a toilet seat booster. Yeah not the manliest thing to have, but, it makes it big difference in using the john!

Keep after the therapy and stay mobile as much as you can tolerate.

Glad you came through good. Get all healed up so you can play with the car.

-
Back