History Channel Veterans Day

-

Brad4406

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I know I should be outside working, but the History Channel keeps running those War 360 shows that show WWII fights in 360 degrees so you see everything about each attack. 3 of my great uncles fought in that war and one of them was a POW in Japan. I've always found that war fascinating. I just can't pry myself away from the TV.

Brad,
I know the feeling...I had 5 uncles in WW11 and they all came back.
One of them even served a couple of tours there at Offutt with SAC.
It was the Greatest Generation.

I too am there, great series. My Dad and 8 of his brothers fought in it, collectively 5 purple hearts, navy cross, a bronze star and 2 silvers and one died on omaha beach. My oldest uncle was on leave from the Arizona sunday morning Dec 7 and then he was transferred to the Yorktown and thats where he got his cross. They are all gone now and I miss them all Tremendously. God Bless all of them.

my dad served in ww2, was on the only air craft carrier that was sunk in the atlantic by U-boat in may 1944.

Gotta hurry home after work and see some of this.
My uncle was stationed aboard the West Virginia (anchored beside the Arizona) on December 7 and had to swim under burning oil to get away from the ship during the attack.
He passed a couple of years ago and to his dying day could not go in any water that was deeper than up to his knee. He said all he could see was oil burning on the water if he got in deeper water.

I too am there, great series. My Dad and 8 of his brothers fought in it, collectively 5 purple hearts, navy cross, a bronze star and 2 silvers and one died on omaha beach. My oldest uncle was on leave from the Arizona sunday morning Dec 7 and then he was transferred to the Yorktown and thats where he got his cross. They are all gone now and I miss them all Tremendously. God Bless all of them.

One of my great uncles was on the Yorktown also. His name was Don Arnold. Unfortunately he passed away about 10 years ago. I was stationed at Charleston years ago and he used to come there for their annual reunnions since that is where the ship is anchored. He would let me come over to the ship and hang out and introduce me to the other gentlemen that he served with. I really miss those days.

-
Back