Hog ring plier recommendation

-

ike61

Reaction score
Howdy. Need help choosing a good pair of hog ring pliers. I will ne doing several seats. Also what length hog ring? Thanks

Get a bunch of zip ties in various lengths. Use them to cinch the seatcove in place little by little then install the hogrings. You can thank me later …

Any farm supply store. Do all of you city slickers really know what the hog ring pliers are for? Be back tomorrow to see any interesting answers.

This is a quality ring. ;)

1668919871076.jpeg

Last edited:
Any farm supply store. Do all of you city slickers really know what the hog ring pliers are for? Be back tomorrow to see any interesting answers.
There's a Country Hardware in Plant City with a box of em marked down for closeout. 6 bucks... and I think #6 rings

the ring is used for moving them around , you put a hook on a stick hook it to the ring and you can move them and they can't charge you .
I grew up on a hog farm and never heard of that. They put hog rings in the top of their nose to prevent them from rooting. Hogs can tear up fences and crates with their nose.

Last edited:
makes sense , but it sure makes it easy to move Boars and Bulls , a little twist and they pretty much go wherever you want .

Don’t think this one will work. If people only knew what they try to wear as fashion what it ACTUALLY means.

EF2E6715-3D6A-4195-AAE6-4DEB223C7683.jpeg

The angle hog ring pliers are a lot handier than the straight handled ones.

20221120_093103.jpg

Here are the ones I use, the one on the left is my main one. Good angle of attack so your wrist can stay straight.

The angle hog ring pliers are a lot handier than the straight handled ones.

View attachment 1716013078

Here are the ones I use, the one on the left is my main one. Good angle of attack so your wrist can stay straight.
A good set aren't cheap ! I love my spring loaded ones ... But then again its like any other tool being used a lot, QUALITY does make a difference....

IMO don't bother with a straight pair//both angled ones are great

Howdy. Need help choosing a good pair of hog ring pliers. I will ne doing several seats. Also what length hog ring? Thanks
get a variety// 3/8,1/2,3/4 amazon/ebay

I bought a cheap set from the local upholstery supply store. They worked fine.

I've done a few seats and I've never had the need for anything fancy or expensive. I have a cheapo pair that are probably for chainlink fences that have done me just fine. Getting the hog ring in place and squeezing the pliers is the easy part. Getting the seat cover stretched and held in place for it is the difficult part.

-
Back