hole

-

famous bob

mopar misfit
Reaction score
how big of a hole did you guys drill, for access to # 6 spark plug on a big block a body swap ? be nice to get a persons hand in there, but was thinking more of a spark plug socket on an extension. of course it would have to be faily well centered on the plug.
just wondering -bob

Instead of drilling a hole, just swap out the big block for a Hemi for easier spark plug changes.

I can actually get to #6 on mine.....slide my arm in through the front under the tubes. Not easy but it can be done. My car is a street toy so I don't pull/replace plugs that often.

Attachments

• Picture487.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 287
I can actually get to #6 on mine.....slide my arm in through the front under the tubes. Not easy but it can be done. My car is a street toy so I don't pull/replace plugs that often.

Yup, all three front plugs on the pass side can be done with a wrench reaching under the alternator, with the engine COLD...

You mean this ain't about Courtney Love?

The only way I can get mine is from underneath the car. Same for attaching the plug boot.

Attachments

• IMG_4490.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 237
I've never drilled a hole, I can get to all my plugs from underneath. I use pivot head, bent handle ratchet

I've never drilled a hole, I can get to all my plugs from underneath. I use pivot head, bent handle ratchet
NO RUSTY!! LOL good one. I have raised port heads, everythings tighter, can`t even get my hand in there to # 6. on mine I think it`ll have to be stone cold for all of them excepy for the 1-2 plugs. of course my old a$s ain`t as nimble as it used to be!-----bob

I think i used a 1-1/2 hole saw on my big block dart. with the indy ez heads and the tti 2 inch header. getting to number 6 plug for me sucked.lol I am a big guy so that didn't help.lol plug 2 and 4 i go under neath the header tubes and use a spark plug socket that you can put a wrench on it. number 8 plug i use a spark plug socket on. with the hole i can use a spark plug socket and a exstion and can change the plug in under 5 minutes.

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 165
I think i used a 1-1/2 hole saw on my big block dart. with the indy ez heads and the tti 2 inch header. getting to number 6 plug for me sucked.lol I am a big guy so that didn't help.lol plug 2 and 4 i go under neath the header tubes and use a spark plug socket that you can put a wrench on it. number 8 plug i use a spark plug socket on. with the hole i can use a spark plug socket and a exstion and can change the plug in under 5 minutes.

Real nice job there. Looks factory.

Real nice job there. Looks factory.

thanks. I drilled that hole when i had a 906 headed 440 in the dart.with the 906 heads the hole was off a little bit. But with the angled plug of the Indy ez heads the hole worked perfect.lol mopar65

Nice work....Simplicity, at it's finest. Knowledge/Knowledgeable friends, make this kind of work,so much easier.

-
Back