holley 4010 kickdown?

-
No problem. Yeah you do have to remove the grommet. I just mentioned removing the pedal assy. cause it's easy to do and it's sure alot easier working on something on the bench rather than laying under the dash. At least at my age it is. LOL

No problem. Yeah you do have to remove the grommet. I just mentioned removing the pedal assy. cause it's easy to do and it's sure alot easier working on something on the bench rather than laying under the dash. At least at my age it is. LOL

LOL. yah. it wasn't too bad. i'm sure i'll be a lil sore tomorrow. but i got it out. just had to manhandle it out of there

i'm sure with age i'll start taking those tips more serious when I cant get under there in those awkward positions anymore

ANOTHER UPDATE:

GOT EVERYTHING DONE! was soo happy fired her up. gave her some gas a few times everything seemed to be moving smoothly. so i shut it off. then put the air cleaner on. hopped in her to take a spin around the block, but then as soon as I gave it gas, the pedal went straight to the floor. I popped the hood again and saw that the throttle cable was all frayed at the end..:(

i must have tightened the set screw too much. So I called summit up last night and ordered a new cable..the guy was helpful, he waived the $11.95handling fee and also made it a rush order for free!. So all I had to pay was the 20 bucks for the cable. It should be here today!

Its a clean looking set-up. hopefully it works as good as it looks!

IMG00807.jpg

F*#@!!
I shredded another dam cable! this time summit is sending me a free replacement. I don't know what i'm doing wrong though.

ugh!

At first I thought that maybe I was tightening the set screw on the throttle cable too tight. but now, sumit said their is no way really to overtighten the set screw..so maybe i'm just not tightening it enough.. looks like I won't be driving my satellite until monday:(
unless by some miracle the new throttle cable gets here sooner. just a rant...

It looked preety good in the picture, though the springs looked kind of close.

I don't think you could ever over tighten those little allen screws enough to hurt that stainless steel cable. The allen screw would strip out before that happened. I cranked mine down as hard as I could get it so it wouldn't pull apart and haven't had any trouble in the year it's been on there. And I believe Rumble is right about the springs being a little close at the back. Plus I believe it puts less stress on the throttle linkage to install the small spring where you have both yours now and flip it around so the long end of the wire is towards the back then the other spring (the big one) should get hooked to the top of the carb linkage and run to a spring return mounted on the intake. I straightened out the tang on the linkage and drilled a little hole in it to hook the front spring. Doing it that way distributes the load on the throttle shaft more evenly. Also if you mount the throttle cable ball socket in the hole above the one you have it in it will make the pedal easier to push down because it's farther away from the center which increases leverage. It makes pedal travel a little more but it's easier on the throttle cable because of the increased leverage. One last thing to make sure of is to align the cable front to back with the throttle shaft so the cable isn't pulling sideways. Here's a couple pics of mine.

-
Back