Holley 4779-2 rebuild kit??

-

doogievlg

Reaction score
I am having a tough time finding a rebuild kit for my Holley 4779. Doesn’t seem to come up when I search jegs.

Probably not, but I would wait to see what others here would have to say about that question.

Here's a thought..........call Holley and see what they have to say..........they could tell you what the difference between a 4779S and a 4779-2 is and help you get the kit you are looking for. Just a thought.

Here's a thought..........call Holley and see what they have to say..........they could tell you what the difference between a 4779S and a 4779-2 is and help you get the kit you are looking for. Just a thought.

That makes too much sense.

I just bought a quick fuel kit from Holley...good kit but don't wait at the mailbox for it. 10 days to ship it....

Go to Allstate, I think they are on EBay. I've bought multiple kits for 4779 Holley's from them. I'm pretty sure that the 4150 kits are the same, but there might be gaskets in them that you will not need.

The s in 4779s is for a shiny carb any 4779 kit will fit it. Ya'll overthinkin' it. 2 minutes to find a kit on Summit.

Exactly.
But so you know, with Holley,
Model references a general design.
List is the specific version.
- is the revision.
Underneath that may be a date code.
Holley does offer a Carb List with suggested rebuild kit #s.
http://documents.holley.com/techlibrary_carb_numerical_listing.pdf
A good way to see the differences between the various kits is to hunt down the catalog. They keep moving it so I'm not going to offer a url since the ones I've bookmarked are probably all dead. But its out there somewhere in pdf or page flip format. My recollection is the "Trick Kit" has a lot of extras and is worth it if you plan on a lot of tuning and trying different combos. For super basic, clean and go, really just need bowl and metering block gaskets, along with umbrella check valves and pump diaphrams. (Your carb is early enough it may not use the umbrella check valves).

Also a good investment is one Mike Urich's books on Holleys - the general one or the little one on 4150s. You can usually buy them used for cheap.

Exactly.
But so you know, with Holley,
Model references a general design.
List is the specific version.
- is the revision.
Underneath that may be a date code.
Holley does offer a Carb List with suggested rebuild kit #s.
http://documents.holley.com/techlibrary_carb_numerical_listing.pdf
A good way to see the differences between the various kits is to hunt down the catalog. They keep moving it so I'm not going to offer a url since the ones I've bookmarked are probably all dead. But its out there somewhere in pdf or page flip format. My recollection is the "Trick Kit" has a lot of extras and is worth it if you plan on a lot of tuning and trying different combos. For super basic, clean and go, really just need bowl and metering block gaskets, along with umbrella check valves and pump diaphrams. (Your carb is early enough it may not use the umbrella check valves).

Also a good investment is one Mike Urich's books on Holleys - the general one or the little one on 4150s. You can usually buy them used for cheap.
Holley used to have a section that listed all the stock jetting/squiter sizes for each specific list # that was useful for fixing "fixed" ones. I don't know if that still out there either.

Holley used to have a section that listed all the stock jetting/squiter sizes for each specific list # that was useful for fixing "fixed" ones. I don't know if that still out there either.
Yup, they're on the Carb list pdf linked above.
Biggest change I see in that new list is there's only two choices of rebuild kits now, "renew" or "trick." For me, a trick kit is worth it. I also buy 10 packs of the meterblock and bowl gaskets... I need to get off this computer and down to the garage and start putting that stuff to good use again. LOL

-
Back