Holley Engine to transmission lower structure support vs. stock 4.7 support?

-

MonkeyMadness

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
So I've had one on order through Holley for the last 6months and doesn't look like I'll be seeing it any time soon!?!
Holley 302-65 Holley Lower Structure Support for Gen III Hemi Engines and Transmissions

While looking for parts for the 545RFE trans that I'm using I cam across the stock 4.7 lower support mount and it looks exactly like the Holley part.
Has anybody tried fitting this or come across this part at anytime and could offer any info on this part? Its available and much less then the Holley part...

302-65_01.jpg

302-65_02.jpg

vs. 4.7 45rfe trans mount

s-l1600 (2).jpg

s-l1600 (1).jpg

I've had my 5.7 Hemi in my 70 Cuda with a TF727 behind it for over 12 years now and never had any kind of support piece on it like that. I've never had an issue. Is it really necessary or is it something the aftermarket wants you to think is necessary?

I've had my 5.7 Hemi in my 70 Cuda with a TF727 behind it for over 12 years now and never had any kind of support piece on it like that. I've never had an issue. Is it really necessary or is it something the aftermarket wants you to think is necessary?
I don't know? I just wanted it because I'm running a non stock oil pan and have an open space exposing the flexplate and Torque converter.
I just wanted to clean it up that's all... If I must I'll fab up a cover like they have on the 727/904.

It seems like this question was asked once, but I don’t remember what forum and can’t find it now.

If memory serves, someone ordered one and it didn’t work.

Not certain of that, though.

They are far from "exact". If you're lucky enough that your application uses the same bolt holes then, yeah it might work, but the Holley piece has eight bolt holes along the bottom and the factory piece has four. But if the factory piece is that much cheaper as you say, buy it and see.

They are far from "exact". If you're lucky enough that your application uses the same bolt holes then, yeah it might work, but the Holley piece has eight bolt holes along the bottom and the factory piece has four. But if the factory piece is that much cheaper as you say, buy it and see.
Well I imagine Holley was trying to sell to a larger group of customers and add the additional 4 lower holes to fit various other transmission.
As for the 45-545RFE transmission that I'm using both parts are a fit. My only worry as mentioned above is the oil pan rail pattern.

-- I was looking and notice that by using the Tran mount holes and a deductive reasoning the pan bolt spacing "looks" to be the same. If you look at the angle pictured below you can see the rear pan bolts look to be the same width apart from the opposite side by using the hole for the mounting to the transmission. What does look like it might be off is the spacing between the forward and aft pan bolts. its hard to tell to me because the stock parts looks to have more (meat) material in this area where the Holley parts seem more streamline (cleanup) in that area and I can't tell if its off or an play on the eyes due to the amount of martial between the two pictures...

Anyway I found a used one on flee-bay for 20 bucks so I'll bite the bullet and test it out...
redrum.jpg

red-rum.jpg

Well I imagine Holley was trying to sell to a larger group of customers and add the additional 4 lower holes to fit various other transmission.
As for the 45-545RFE transmission that I'm using both parts are a fit. My only worry as mentioned above is the oil pan rail pattern.

Yep.
  • Fits all common transmissions: TR-6060, NAG1, 545RFE, 8HP70, 8HP90, 9HP75, A727, 46RE, 46RH + More

Anyway I found a used one on flee-bay for 20 bucks so I'll bite the bullet and test it out...

I think the only way to know is to try and bolt it up, and $20 isn't a huge risk.

Sorry I can't remember where I saw something similar discussed so I could try and actually be helpful.

-- I was looking and notice that by using the Tran mount holes and a deductive reasoning the pan bolt spacing "looks" to be the same. If you look at the angle pictured below you can see the rear pan bolts look to be the same width apart from the opposite side by using the hole for the mounting to the transmission. What does look like it might be off is the spacing between the forward and aft pan bolts. its hard to tell to me because the stock parts looks to have more (meat) material in this area where the Holley parts seem more streamline (cleanup) in that area and I can't tell if its off or an play on the eyes due to the amount of martial between the two pictures...

View attachment 1716000601

View attachment 1716000602
It appears the same......but I hate assuming. LOL Let us know what you find out. I bet it works.

Found this:

Lower Block to Bell housing Bracket

Doesn't help with the question in regards to the 4.7 bracket, but maybe it is useful?
A242G.jpg

-OMGosh That thread/link helped so much and lead me in another direction!!

OKAY now after climbing out of the rabbit hole I have the answer!
The 4.7 bracket (53020884) will not work bolt spacing for the pan is the issue.
The part we (or I ) need is the (53021491AA) This is cool that that this was found, but it sucks cause I've wasted 6 months waiting for Holley to do something-- :poke:

95ba9efedd61f7225efe0d8e9452100a.JPG

f70de8f9384d42e3093158f8fdac9dcc.JPG

s-l1600.jpg

View attachment 1716000654

-OMGosh That thread/link helped so much and lead me in another direction!!

OKAY now after climbing out of the rabbit hole I have the answer!
The 4.7 bracket (53020884) will not work bolt spacing for the pan is the issue.
The part we (or I ) need is the (53021491AA) This is cool that that this was found, but it sucks cause I've wasted 6 months waiting for Holley to do something-- :poke:

View attachment 1716000655

View attachment 1716000656

View attachment 1716000657

Nice find!

Can you post the center to center distance of the bottom holes so I can figure out if it will work with a TR6060?

BTW, how did you confirm that the 4.7 one won't work?

Nice find!

Can you post the center to center distance of the bottom holes so I can figure out if it will work with a TR6060?

BTW, how did you confirm that the 4.7 one won't work?
:rolleyes: I didn't really "confirm" that it doesn't fit. Except I used a Dodge dealer parts website and with 05 ram 5.7 entered in the vehicle listing the site said the 4.7 (53020884) number wasn't compatible, and the obvious differences between the the 3 different parts at the pan rail, just pointed to the 4.7 being odd man out... So using deductive reasoning again this was the outcome I came up with. BUT I do plan on testing this theory....... Cause :BangHead: I jumped the gun an ordered the 4.7 mount before the info on the 5.7 one was presented to me :poke:

Last edited:
:rolleyes: I didn't really "confirm" that it doesn't fit. Except I used a Dodge dealer parts website and with 05 ram 5.7 entered in the vehicle listing the site said the 4.7 (53020884) number wasn't compatible, and the obvious differences between the the 3 different parts at the pan rail, just pointed to the 4.7 being odd man out... So using deductive reasoning again this was the outcome I came up with. BUT I do plan on testing this theory....... Cause :BangHead: I jumped the gun an ordered the 4.7 mount before the info on the 5.7 one was presented to me :poke:
That 4.7 was a pretty odd duck. I was honestly pretty surprised to learn it even retained the sb bell pattern considering I can't think of anything else on it that was in common with an LA or gen III. I'm curious to know if the pan bolts are randomly the same, or close enough to hog out, but....I doubt it :p

Well I have a definitive answer now..
Not only is the bolt distance off by about 1/2" between then BUT also width is about 1/4-3/8" off side to side.
NOPE it does not fit. :rolleyes:

20221022_114238.jpg

20221022_114259.jpg

20221022_114254.jpg

20221022_114355.jpg

20221022_114427.jpg

Last edited:
-
Back