Holley Sniper EFI

-
Not sure on the crossover. It is an airgap.

Screenshot_20171224-152714.png
Screenshot_20171224-152700.png

See the first one has a piece of the divider missing in the plenum and second don't.

The first one will act if it has an open spacer already.

273: I Have read A TON about the sniper, and the fitech. I wouldnt overthink the manifold issue. As you stated, holley just recommends a spacer, and fitech states their unit doesnt much care. You guys even have a vendor here helping with the same thoughts above.

In general: Im missing why the fast unit keeps being referenced in the sniper and fitech threads.
It is not a fitech, or a sniper. It isnt designed the same, uses different psi fuel, has an external ecu, its much less forgiving...its just not the same. The fast is 10 years behind the others.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
OK, just keep struggling and asking questions on how to make them run right .

I'm pretty sure the Edelbrock manifold I'm running has the small half divider between the two planes. I don't think there is much of a performance issue and it definitely doesn't affect the idling.

The issue with single vs dual plane and plenum is manifold vacuum. Depending on where the map sensor is located, it may only be pulling vacuum from one bank of cylinders. Running a single or dual plane open plenum allows for correct manifold vacuum to be read.

The issue with single vs dual plane and plenum is manifold vacuum. Depending on where the map sensor is located, it may only be pulling vacuum from one bank of cylinders. Running a single or dual plane open plenum allows for correct manifold vacuum to be read.
Also , where the injectors are aimed.

most have a equalization port regardless, even this one that you guys are missing. This is alot of controversy over something an $9 carb spacer can cure.

upload_2017-12-28_20-5-0.png

Only an issue if you have hood clearance issues I guess, as that's the issue I have. I do have another single plane manifold on the shelf that I've measured and I know will fit, but not going to change it yet unless I absolutely have to, like a gasket leak or something.

Only an issue if you have hood clearance issues I guess, as that's the issue I have. I do have another single plane manifold on the shelf that I've measured and I know will fit, but not going to change it yet unless I absolutely have to, like a gasket leak or something.
They make .125 thickness "sealing" plates. All ya need.

Does the sniper come in a bigger size? Is there a bigger unit that's rated for more than 650 HP? It looks like even their Terminator system stops at that level.

Last edited:
-
Back