Holley Sniper EFI

-
I have it setup on the sniper to take the rpm signal from the neg side of the coil (no timing control), it's the first selection in that part of the sniper setup. I think the analog unit is fooling the sniper and giving it a "usable" tach signal. I don't know what that ready to run distributor is putting to the coil, but I think it's some kind of pulse that the sniper is not happy with. I already wanted to do timing control anyways so I'll be contacting you about one of those Holley EFI dual sync distributors.

I have it setup on the sniper to take the rpm signal from the neg side of the coil (no timing control), it's the first selection in that part of the sniper setup. I think the analog unit is fooling the sniper and giving it a "usable" tach signal. I don't know what that ready to run distributor is putting to the coil, but I think it's some kind of pulse that the sniper is not happy with. I already wanted to do timing control anyways so I'll be contacting you about one of those Holley EFI dual sync distributors.

You only need the 2 wire module i posed above to do timing. Unless you want the dual sync specifically.
You should still be able to get what you have to work. something isn't correct. Guys run a ready to run distributor all the time with these.
Let me see what i can figure out with the distributor. Those PAC versions aren't identical to the TSP. Let me email my guys at holley.

Thanks for the shout out. Whats a robmc power surge? Sounds like its running on the prime shot and pump is never kicking on. Or its losing the tach signal.
I believe in calling the kettle black, you people better be ware , buying anything from robbmac performance. I bought a set of heads from him, which I`m happy with, after changing a few things. But the rockers he sent me to go w/ those heads, weren't ever machined for retainer clearance , from the factory. He wouldn`t stand behind them, and told me so on the phone. If he don`t like what I`m saying, he can kiss my white . flat Irish *** ! this may save some of you some trouble in the future.

Yeah I've never heard of them/him. I only take on lines I'm confident in.

I ended up getting it running with the holley sniper distributor, works great can control timing from the handheld.
I figured that would fix us up. Goes to show why i beat into the ground that a compatible ignition system is as important as putting gas in the tank when it comes to making one of these run correctly.

Would it matter if I go straight to timing control or would I be better starting off without it?
Is this in ref to an engine with a flat tappet cam that needs broke in also? The only reason to start without timing control is your comfort level with the system.

Hey Johnny, Phil in Perth, Australia, you sold me the system. Just waiting for the fuel tank now which is here now in a mate's shipping container. The system is going on our 69 Cuda, old motor, 383 with ported heads and a mild cam. I'm pretty confident with it already and I'm ready to go straight to timing control as well.

Hey Johnny, Phil in Perth, Australia, you sold me the system. Just waiting for the fuel tank now which is here now in a mate's shipping container. The system is going on our 69 Cuda, old motor, 383 with ported heads and a mild cam. I'm pretty confident with it already and I'm ready to go straight to timing control as well.
should be all good to fire it up with the timing control then.

Yep, no probs. I might have to pick your brains on the initial settings for the timing control, just using the 2 wire dust. you sold me with the high voltage coil. I know I have to wire in the coil driver as well.

I felt like the timing was very easy to setup and the unit was right on, on the first start. Are you using the Holley dist or a different one? You could just setup it up with the negative lead on the coil and no timing control for the initial startup and then dial the timing in after the motor has been broken in. Just depends on what your comfort level is like Johnny says.

This fella has the 2 wire billet, with phasable rotor setup. But same deal. as long as its setup properly, should fire right away, and run like a normal break in.

Yeah, I'm tempted to dive in head first. I've heard a few different settings for the base timing, some say 10 deg, some say 15. I'm thinking I'll set it at 10 with the dist locked out.

No it appears to be locked out, when Holley finally gets around to releasing the computer software for the sniper maybe they will allow it to change.

The software is out there but the dongle or lead to connect to a PC is not out there yet, last heard the release date was sometime this month.

Should be able to make one so long as they haven't used custom plugs, I haven't looked at my unit yet, $50 for a lead is a bit steep.

-
Back